Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '76 "914 2.0" Decal location details
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gatornapper
My sweet 1976 914 has no "914 2.0" on the rear, and I wondered why I found no filled holes in the rear trunk panel.

I was deeply saddened to discover that the '76 914's used a decal instead of the metal plate. Bummer. One of the few downsides of a 75/76.

Wanting to keep the car as original as possible (just put nice like-new Mahle's on it, removing nice VW EMPI's that came on the car - EMPI's are for sale), I just got my decal from AutoAtlanta, but I want to put it EXACTLY where it should go.

While it seems clear that they are centered vertically along the centerline of the trunk release button, I'd like the exact dimension from the button to the left side of the decal, or from the right side of the decal to the tail-light lens (backup light).

Searched the forum but found nothing.......

TIA!

GN

sixnotfour
Sorry Man, My 76 had the decal and I scraped it off, Drilled some holes..Friday Blooper.. beer.gif
76-914
I'm no help either. My '76 had the 911 red plastic wall to wall "PORSCHE" emblem across the back. confused24.gif
wonkipop
logic says it goes exactly same location as earlier badges.
measure a car with the badges and copy.

i'd measure mine for you and post but its a 74 1.8 so the 1.8 bit might be slightly different location to take a base measure away from/to....

for what its worth i think the decals are cool. historic evidence of 1970s and inflation/rising costs. beerchug.gif

Gatornapper
Well, one thing is obvious. Your '76 is much much faster now!

Good work!

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 30 2021, 03:33 PM) *

Sorry Man, My 76 had the decal and I scraped it off, Drilled some holes..Friday Blooper.. beer.gif

Gatornapper
I would but I don't know anyone near me with the emblem on the back!

I'll bet there is no diff between your emblem and the 2.0 - or if so, it's less than 1mm.

Can you measure the distance between the right side of your 1.8 emblem and the back-up light? I'll add a mm or two to compensate for the width difference between a 1 and a 2..... biggrin.gif

TIA,

GN

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jul 30 2021, 06:03 PM) *

i'd measure mine for you and post but its a 74 1.8 so the 1.8 bit might be slightly different location to take a base measure away from/to....

for what its worth i think the decals are cool. historic evidence of 1970s and inflation/rising costs. beerchug.gif

bbrock
Thought you'd have an answer for this already, but my 73 metal badge is 125 mm from the center of the trunk release button and centered on the tail top to bottom.
wonkipop
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Jul 30 2021, 07:28 PM) *

I'll bet there is no diff between your emblem and the 2.0 - or if so, it's less than 1mm.

Can you measure the distance between the right side of your 1.8 emblem and the back-up light? I'll add a mm or two to compensate for the width difference between a 1 and a 2..... biggrin.gif

TIA,

GN

in metric, we don't do imperial measurement down here.
the "2.0" i think would be a different width than "1.8".
as additional info to photo "1.8" measures 60mm wide.

Click to view attachment
Gatornapper
THANK YOU BRENT!

Now, what to do with the 105mm measurement from wonkipop?

Seems like the difference should be about 10mm.........from center of button to edge........

Can you check the right measurement? wonkipop has 35mm - that should be the same on both yours and his - I'd think........

GN

QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 30 2021, 07:47 PM) *

Thought you'd have an answer for this already, but my 73 metal badge is 125 mm from the center of the trunk release button and centered on the tail top to bottom.
Gatornapper
THANK YOU! EXQUISITE DETAIL!

GN

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jul 31 2021, 12:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Jul 30 2021, 07:28 PM) *

TIA,

GN

in metric, we don't do imperial measurement down here.
the "2.0" i think would be a different width than "1.8".
as additional info to photo "1.8" measures 60mm wide.

Click to view attachment

Gatornapper
Thank you guys.

Went with the 35mm from the back-up light........actually, decal looks nice......Happy Teener now........

IPB Image

GN
wonkipop
@Gatornapper

measured mine from the edge of the rubber gasket on the trunk knob.
the knob with gasket seal is 40mm diam.

125mm from centre as per brent is right.

all looks good in your photo anyway.
long live the last of the 914s beerchug.gif
porsche was one of the few carmakers that got collision bumpers to look ok.
the corvette wasn't too bad either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.