Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Alert: Push Rod Tubes $2.78 each
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914Sixer
You will have to go to 1976 VW Bus 2.0 and find them there under engine.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 30 2021, 09:23 AM) *

You will have to go to 1976 VW Bus 2.0 and find them there under engine.

@914sixer

already out of stock,
914Sixer
Well 46 people looked at alert and took advantage. Probably did not have that many to start with. They are $12.98 IF you look under Porsche 914, lol.
Shivers
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324225373755?chn=p...TRoCglIQAvD_BwE

Then there is this guy... Gaaads
rfinegan
I placed an order on Monday from RockAuto for 8 tubes @ 2.78 and will be here TODAY!

Too good a price to pass up on.
rfinegan
duplicate
mihai914
I ordered some also and received them yesterday.

The walls are much more thin than the originals or the ones made by Dansk I believe. The finish is bare metal.

You always get what you pay for in the end. So for those that missed out, you didn't miss much.
914Sixer
Thin walls, better heat dissipation, quicker oil cooling, lol
930cabman
QUOTE(mihai914 @ Aug 5 2021, 06:26 AM) *

I ordered some also and received them yesterday.

The walls are much more thin than the originals or the ones made by Dansk I believe. The finish is bare metal.

You always get what you pay for in the end. So for those that missed out, you didn't miss much.

Funny how that holds true, "you get what you pay for" and nothing is ever "free"
bdstone914
I have four sets of original ones that were replated and have Viton o-ringd installed. $60 a set shipped.
914Sixer
They are light
rfinegan
Mine are here and look fine. sure a little thinner or lighter but will work as needed. Will paint to match
GregAmy
Are those the very thin aluminum ones? I got a set of those on the FAT engine I had rebuilt over the winter (I had told FAT to use the cheapest tubes they could find, as I was going to replace them with Tangerine stainless ones anyway).

They were so thin, I pretty much could not get them out easily without damaging them. But they worked fine...
914Sixer
They are steel.
GregAmy
Those could have been steel...they were so thin and fragile I ASSumed they were aluminum (did not magnet-test them)...
Mark Henry
I just had about a dozen sets powder coated, they came out nice.
930cabman
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 6 2021, 05:38 PM) *

I just had about a dozen sets powder coated, they came out nice.

Will probably outlive all of us for sure
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.