Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: floor mats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlindzey
mine is just a 71 driver and i am looking to spice up and perhaps quiet down the interior so looking for simple to install floor mats. I see the coco ones on some sites but open to suggestions from those that have been there done that.

thanks everyone, i went with the red cocomats-orginal company. it's too black in the car so need to brighten it up.
914Sixer
Hate coco mats from the old days, they are like a scouring pad, cut the leather on the right heel. Probably do the same to tennis shoes. Don't trap dirt, lets it go through to carpet. My 2 cents.
windforfun
The new Coco mats don't wear worth a shit either. The old ones last, but they're rough & coarse & stiff as hell.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
factory 50th anniversary mat set

QUOTE(dlindzey @ Jul 31 2021, 10:11 AM) *

mine is just a 71 driver and i am looking to spice up and perhaps quiet down the interior so looking for simple to install floor mats. I see the coco ones on some sites but open to suggestions from those that have been there done that.

VegasRacer
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 31 2021, 11:37 AM) *

Available from multiple vendors. smile.gif
FRUNKenstein
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 31 2021, 01:37 PM) *

QUOTE(dlindzey @ Jul 31 2021, 10:11 AM) *

Wow, I was expecting those 50th Jahre mats to be more than $135. Just ordered a set from AA for my ‘73.
FlacaProductions
I got these that are similar to the 914/50 version but just plain "914"
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/skufm914.html
$99 bucks from Suncoast right now.
JeffBowlsby
I like the Cocomats. Have had them in each of my 914s over the years and my 928. They look period correct, are rugged, and the drivers side has a nice big thick rubber heel pad. I have never had shoe damage.
roblav1
Factory 50th.
bkrantz
How about mats without grommet holes? Any recommended sources?
Mikey914
You don't want the pads with grommet holes as the pins on the floor are not long enough to go through. As long as you have the carpet in place the mats should have a backing to make them stick to the carpet.
Coondog
cocomats.com

Great product
bbrock
+1 on the 50 year mats. I love mine. Very nice quality for a reasonable price. They are supposed to be installed instead of carpet and the grommets are important to keep them in place. I'm not sure how well they would work on top of carpet but I would guess they might slip around
Shivers
The original cocomats in my car looked great but had no backing. Dirt and the fibers that broke off the mat dropped right through to the carpet. Finally wore a hole through them but did not buy new. This is the first time in almost 40 years I've checked cocomat to see the new products. First, they now have a backing. Cool. They won me back.
914Toy
Cocomats add some light to an otherwise black pit.
Mikey914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 1 2021, 06:31 AM) *

+1 on the 50 year mats. I love mine. Very nice quality for a reasonable price. They are supposed to be installed instead of carpet and the grommets are important to keep them in place. I'm not sure how well they would work on top of carpet but I would guess they might slip around

I made ours a little differently. We made a sandwich of a rubber backing that has little spikes on it to hold it to the carpet. It would be cheaper to just make a carpet that was replaceable but on ours we intended the carpet to be under it and it to protect it.
PanelBilly
I spilled coffee on my coco mats a few weeks ago and was happy to see that the rubber backing prevented it from getting to the carpet underneath
DC_neun_vierzehn
Love my Coco mats. Since I have bright yellow/green plaid cloth seats (and ravena green paint) I went with black nylon mats for durability. They are a 10 out of 10 in appearance, fit and function). No issues with damaging my shoes. No issues with dirt or anything else passing through to carpet. And they fit perfect (cut specifically to a 914 fit by Coco). Buy directly from Coco - I wouldn’t go through a reseller. I’ll post a pic later.
Mike Fitton
CoCo mats are great!

Click to view attachment
mxkinn01
Another vote for coco matsClick to view attachment
tomeric914
50 Jahre mats from Suncoast are currently $109.95

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU914MATS.html
mb911
What's amazing is they said there were only 914 sets available. I am surprised that those didn't sell right away.
Cairo94507
I looked at a lot of mats and I could not get away from the CoCo Mats. I have had them in all of my 914's and 911's. They just look great to my eye. I have never had a problem with damage or premature wear. The added bonus is CoCo Mats will custom make the mats to fit your car. For me that meant they cut the pattern for the driver's side mat to allow for my oil-cooler bump out. The mats fit perfectly and just look proper in the car.

Click to view attachment
orthobiz
The 50 year mats are great; the passenger side is the proper length for the 1971.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.