Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something under passenger seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
Which batch of wires under the seat need constant power for ignition?

I don't have a repair manual, that I can find, but I have this stinking demon.

biggrin.gif

M
Joe Bob
The ones that ain't connected.....GEEEZ cool_shades.gif
bd1308
soldier or wrap together and tape the large yellow wires...
GWN7
Put a muzzel on the goat so she dosn't chew the wires....
redshift
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Jul 24 2005, 10:10 PM)

I WILL KILL YOU!

laugh.gif <- maniacle

M
redshift
Bruce, Canada is only about 7-13/16" from here, according to Google, my rule, and the resolution I am in..

mad.gif

M
Joe Bob
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 24 2005, 07:13 PM)
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Jul 24 2005, 10:10 PM)

I WILL KILL YOU!

laugh.gif <- maniacle

M

Stand in line....it's long and most of them are mouth breathers....

BTW....GWN7....what makes ya think the goat is female?
GWN7
Get one of those McDonalds map books.....I'm less than 3" away....

Like I'm worried....you wouldn't drive 120 miles to celibrate my bday and I was paying the gas..... rolleyes.gif

(told you to spend the $8.49 and buy the Haynes book on Ebay)

* I've seen pictures of the goat.....

You know your in trouble when Brit gives you advice and he's right.........
bd1308
smilie_pokal.gif

smile.gif

just hook all the wires in series and enjoy the fireworks under your passenger seat.
redshift
I have taken a bunny hostage.

You have 10 minutes to provide me with information leading to the arrest of the problem under my passenger seat, or the bunny gets it.

sad.gif poor bunny....

M
redshift
7-6-5-4......

ClayPerrine
1. Disconnect your battery.
2. Remove the passenger seat.
3. Remove fuse #8 from the fuse block.
4. Find a thin black wire in the block for the big brother relay under the seat.
5. Disconnect the black wire from the positive side of the coil.
6. Using an ohmmeter, verify that there is continuity between the wire that connects to the positive side of the coil
and the thin black wire under the passenger seat.
7. Now that you have verifed the problem, drop the fuse box. Find the thin black wire connected to fuse #8 and
disconnect it.
8. Verify that there is no continuity between the thin black wire under the seat and the black wire that connects to the
positive side of the coil.
9. Verify that there is continuity between fuse #8 and the positive side of the coil.

Reassemble everything you disconnected.
Dave_Darling
I hope it's more than 10 minutes later, because I don't like bunnies. Especially cute ones. (At least, not since Hef closed down the clubs... wink.gif )

Check on the Bird site; we've got those full-color wiring diagrams. You gotta learn to read 'em some time, Miles!

--DD
Joseph Mills
looks like it's too late...
Joe Bob
This bunny shoots back.....

redshift
I let the bunny go, but lucky for us, Mike killed a puppy, to take it's place.

Clay, I followed most of your instructions, except now there is a new part... thanks for adding on.

laugh.gif It's nice to know that it's a black wire... me and cold meds both think I cut a black one. I am saving all this stuff, and making a special manual.

Oh, and Dave, I think I have actually told someone about those diagrams.. heh.. rolleyes.gif ..

Do all cold medicines make you drink a gallon of water every 15 minutes?

M
ClayPerrine
What new part??? confused24.gif
redshift
Blue is new: laugh.gif

1. Disconnect your battery.
2. Remove the passenger seat.
3. Remove fuse #8 from the fuse block.

4. Find a thin black wire in the block for the big brother relay under the seat.
5. Disconnect the black wire from the positive side of the coil.
6. Using an ohmmeter, verify that there is continuity between the wire that connects to the positive side of the coil
and the thin black wire under the passenger seat.
7. Now that you have verifed the problem, drop the fuse box. Find the thin black wire connected to fuse #8 and
disconnect it.
8. Verify that there is no continuity between the thin black wire under the seat and the black wire that connects to the
positive side of the coil.
9. Verify that there is continuity between fuse #8 and the positive side of the coil.

rolleyes.gif For shame...

10. Reconnect battery. "Reconnect everything you disassembled'" isn't clear on that, and this makes it sounds like I have a fuse box dangling... I think I'll call him sparky, probably the name of the puppy mikez put down.
redshift
Hey, I reterminated 4 wires, and... rolleyes.gif actually removed the interlock relay.. (oh my god... it was HOT! lol... sitting there closed... for days)

So, car didn't act up after a ten minute drive!

Ok, so, when I was screwing around at the fusebox.. I pulled out these two groups of grounds, connected to some plastic tab, that has a second part, a 'post' that goes thru it, somehow... I saw that part shoot out.. I never saw where it came from..

I screwed that right into one of the speaker screw holes, for the time being..

Where in the hell does it go? Little brass looking contact points on it, 2 of them.. black plastic widget.. hmm.. uhoh..

I have taken the passenger seat out so many times, I could do it in the dark, with one hand, while eating a corn dog, and watching Falcon Crest. (and actually follow that 25 year old tripe)

M
John2kx
now this is making me horny.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.