Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914 Project Car for sale.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
63ratster
Here is a link to the ad for my 1970 914 for sale in Georgetown,KY
.Thanks! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2214816403/...158396348161404
rick 918-S
Not everyone face plants I mean books
63ratster
FOR SALE-1970 914 PROJECT Car
WOULD MAKE GREAT PATINA RIDE,AUTOCROSS CAR OR RESTORATION CANIDATE!
$6400 OBO

Located in GEORGETOWN,KY 40324
Clean KY title in my name

I purchased this car earlier this year with the hopes of rescuing it from its dilapidated state. It ran(barely) and the brakes were nearly seized in all corners from sitting. I trailered it home, and assessed my purchase. I came up with the list, and performed the following:

ORIGINAL 1.7L ENGINE- replaced the plugs,plug wires,cap rotor,condenser,serviced the F.I. contact points,all injectors,fuel line and vacuum lines in engine compartment, replaced fuel filter, performed two oil and filter changes,adjusted the valves, and replaced the valve cover gaskets. RUNS GREAT, but does leak some oil at the rear main seal, and push rod tubes.

BRAKE SYSTEM- Replaced front rotors(Sebro) and pads(Porterfield) and restored front BMW 320i calipers,replaced rear rotors and pads, and rebuilt the 914 calipers,replaced the ebrake cables, as well as the hard and soft brake lines. Larger master cylinder as been installed as well. BRAKES and E-BRAKE WORK GREAT and stop straight.

BODY- Original Tangerine with one exterior respray from along ago, but now has a great patina and lots of imperfections(character)! But you can drive it and not worry about scratches,nicks,etc... I love the weathered paint the way it is! NO RUST in floors or trunks, or HELL HOLE( due to dealer undercoating) but the passenger longitudinal will need attention(as shown in pic), but the drivers side is super solid. Passenger side does have slight door sag, but shuts well. LATER MODEL BUMPERS INSTALLED FROM A '73. Body shows signs of previous damage to the left rear quarter panels and trunk lid, but neither needed replacement before the repaint(likely late 1980's)

ELECTRICAL- The overall wiring is in good repair and all systems function as they should, except the heater blower.

INTERIOR- All black interior with nice door panels, and dash top, newer carpet. The seats will need recovered, and the passenger was upgrades to an adjustable '73(needs,bracket welded in). No radio or seat belts

WHEELS-Original Pedrini wheels are newly painted and look awesome! The Kumho tires have great tread with no sidewall cracking and recently balanced, but are older.

The car runs, drives and stops great, but still needs a bit more work to be roadworthy(body seals,oil leaks fixed, longitudinal rust repaired; but once done, it would make a great Autocross canidate of Patina ride!! Or a good candidate for restoration

A ton of time, money(receipts included), and energy has gone into getting the car to its current state. Will you be the next care taker to finish out this killer ride??

NO TRADES OR HOLDS
Call or text between 9am-9pm

Thanks for looking!!
Click to view attachment
63ratster
BUMP.....and a PRICE DROP!! Now $6400 OBO I can switch out the wheels to a set of American Racing Le Mans and drop the price an additional $500 to $5900
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 3 2021, 11:31 AM) *

Not everyone face plants I mean books

Agreed bs.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.