Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just submitted "Snoopy" to Bring A Trailer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
My modified 914 will be going on Bring A Trailer hopefully later in the month. dry.gif
I've already got my 73 modified 911 going that direction.
Cleaning out the garage for some new buggies.

Click to view attachment

Just won't be driving the car enough due to age...of me not the car, Haha! sad.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif

It was fun project.
Was able to get my feet pretty wet in a full blown restoration project.
I'm just too tall (6'2") and too old (read inflexible) to really drive the car enough to warrant keeping it in the garage.
Tough to get in and out of the car...hate to admit that. mad.gif unsure.gif

I've opted to get a pro photographer to take the pics as my abilities with a digital camera are just not up to it.

To replace both the vintage cars, I've ordered a new car that will have this attached to it:
Will keep you posted as to when the white 914 hits BaT. popcorn[1].gif aktion035.gif cheer.gif

Click to view attachment

mepstein
It’s a truly epic build that I hope to take some inspiration for one of my builds. Good move on on pro photographer. It makes a big difference.
mb911
Wow never thought I would see the day.. Best of luck. I am sure it will bring big money.
worn
Tough to get in and out of the car...hate to admit that. mad.gif unsure.gif

That is strange. I can roll out onto pavement just fine. My problem is getting onto my feet afterwards…

Good luck with everything.
raynekat
Didn't think about "rolling onto the pavement."
Have to give that a try.....
bbrock
I did NOT see that coming! An epic build indeed!

Funny mentioning the getting in and out. The other day I was at the FLAPS and one of the guys was commenting on how low the 914 was. I told him the biggest challenge of the restoration was figuring out how to get in and out of it without looking like the old man I have become in the 35 years it was out of commission.

Make sure the photographer gets good shots of that glove box flocking. That should send the bidding into record breaking territory. biggrin.gif
StarBear
Falling in and rolling out are just part of my 914 experience these days. biggrin.gif
Dion
Wow. Didn’t see that coming. It’s an inspirational 914 to be sure. aktion035.gif
Good luck with the auction. The pro photog should do it justice.
bkrantz
Hi, Doug. I hate to see you and Snoopy separate. One part of me wishes that I kept every car I ever owned, well almost every one.

But I also think Norman Lear has a very powerful lesson in his own life philosophy:

“I think the two least considered small words in the English language may be ‘over’ and ‘next’. When something is over, [it’s] over. We’re onto next.”

He said the “over and next” philosophy allows him to stay present and focused.

So, your "over" was awesome and made for many happy years. And it looks like your "next" will be more awesome in new ways. Does it have back seats?

ps. I think the best Porsche ownership is both old and new at the same time.
raynekat
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 2 2021, 06:00 PM) *

Make sure the photographer gets good shots of that glove box flocking. That should send the bidding into record breaking territory. biggrin.gif

That is for sure....along with my battery camouflage program. idea.gif
raynekat
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Aug 2 2021, 07:19 PM) *

Hi, Doug. I hate to see you and Snoopy separate. One part of me wishes that I kept every car I ever owned, well almost every one.

But I also think Norman Lear has a very powerful lesson in his own life philosophy:

“I think the two least considered small words in the English language may be ‘over’ and ‘next’. When something is over, [it’s] over. We’re onto next.”

He said the “over and next” philosophy allows him to stay present and focused.

So, your "over" was awesome and made for many happy years. And it looks like your "next" will be more awesome in new ways. Does it have back seats?

ps. I think the best Porsche ownership is both old and new at the same time.

The "new" does have some back seats.
And the next is a coming in the next couple of years.
It will be something Porsche and vintage again.
Cairo94507
Wow! Some lucky person is going to get a stunningly beautiful car. That time piece is incredible too. Would like to drop one of those into my wife's Macan GTS. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
Pursang
Beautiful car. Best of luck with the sale. BaT prices have gone crazy these days. As for entry and exit contortionist experiences at post retirement age, I can relate! I rode to Cars & Coffee over in Sherwood with a friend of mine in his Lotus Europa...now THAT is truly a flexibility exercise.
RARE 6
Justification to my wife for the recommissioning/cosmetic redo of our -6 in 2015 after about a dozen years of hibernation went like this: "If we're ever going to enjoy this car again, we'd better get after it while we can still get in and out without assistance." Glad she agreed.
GLWS
mepstein
I’ve had a 914 since I was 16 - 55 now, so I slide in pretty easy to the driver side but riding as a passenger a couple weeks ago felt a little strange.
raynekat
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 3 2021, 06:34 AM) *

Wow! Some lucky person is going to get a stunningly beautiful car. That time piece is incredible too. Would like to drop one of those into my wife's Macan GTS. GLWTS. beerchug.gif

Yeah, that time piece is so nice....I decided to build a new car around it. tongue.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(raynekat @ Aug 2 2021, 07:25 PM) *

That is for sure....along with my battery camouflage program. idea.gif

Snoopy is fantastic—and it appears you're significantly upping your battery game… shades.gif
Jett
The car is beautiful and well done! I aspire to build one this nice.
PanelBilly
This doesn’t mean you need to ghost us.
IronHillRestorations
Wow! Life changes. It should do very well.
raynekat
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 3 2021, 07:48 PM) *

This doesn’t mean you need to ghost us.

No chance of that happening....too many folks here I like to jest with. biggrin.gif
FRUNKenstein
QUOTE(raynekat @ Aug 2 2021, 06:20 PM) *

My modified 914 will be going on Bring A Trailer hopefully later in the month.

Beautiful car and best of luck with your auction. Just as an FYI, my ‘75 got accepted by BaT on July 12th, but I haven’t heard a peep from the writer for the auction yet.
cary
Thanks for letting Jack (Super In Law) and I be a part of the journey.
Jett
QUOTE(cary @ Aug 4 2021, 07:55 PM) *

Thanks for letting Jack (Super In Law) and I be a part of the journey.

smile.gif If you folks ( @cary ) ever need another project, just let me know… would be honored to have SIL work on a car for us smile.gif!
cary
I'd like to say we always would like to take on another project.
But right now we're booked until some time the end of next year.

Looking for a new, closer and bigger shop. Right now. 15 cars on sight in 4000 sq. ft.

We're on Instagram @MiddleMotors
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.