Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door-Holder-Opener-Thingy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
Hi,

'74, 2.0

I replaced both doors with the door holder from 914 rubber. They may be from Stoddard, not sure.

I purchased the aluminum arm, springs and rollers as well as the oversized pins. They are installed and look great but tdo not hold the door. On a slight incline the door is not held.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is there some tuning to take place?

CTC911CTC
dirk2056
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Aug 3 2021, 02:29 PM) *

Hi,

'74, 2.0

I replaced both doors with the door holder from 914 rubber. They may be from Stoddard, not sure.

I purchased the aluminum arm, springs and rollers as well as the oversized pins. They are installed and look great but tdo not hold the door. On a slight incline the door is not held.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is there some tuning to take place?

CTC911CTC

Take a relook chances they are might be backwards or upside down??
Root_Werks
Sounds like you are talking about the door stops. More specifically the mid-position where the pressure of the pinching spring holds the rollers tight enough to hold the door partially open.

Correct?

If so, springs might be too weak or not installed correctly.

Pictures help.
ctc911ctc
Yes, the door stops -= - springs, arms, and pins are new. Doors are all sewn up, may take one apart in the winter.

Sooo, anyone buying these rebuild kits from Restoration has had good luck?

There was a comment above about installed wrong - cannot imagine how that could be accomplished confused24.gif confused24.gif

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 3 2021, 02:36 PM) *

Sounds like you are talking about the door stops. More specifically the mid-position where the pressure of the pinching spring holds the rollers tight enough to hold the door partially open.

Correct?

If so, springs might be too weak or not installed correctly.

Pictures help.

Mikey914
There is a reason we make the springs, but honestly they are not designed to provide a lot of backpressure. Big door, little springs. You get the idea. But the springs will wear out over time. We did make ours to factory spec.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.