Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody in the DC area available to inspect
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
930cabman
I am looking at a 914 in the Washington DC area and would be grateful for a fellow 914 enthusiast to have a close look.
Thanks in advance, John G
nditiz1
QUOTE(930cabman @ Aug 3 2021, 03:43 PM) *

I am looking at a 914 in the Washington DC area and would be grateful for a fellow 914 enthusiast to have a close look.
Thanks in advance, John G

Depending on where I might be able to.
StarBear
Visiting in McLean, Va. Nearby?
PaulFV8
I’m in Herndon but out of town this week, if you need help next week let me know
930cabman
Thanks for the replies, the car is in Alexandria VA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144132837351?_trkp...8.c100290.m3507

StarBear
Might be able to do tomorrow. Could you pm the address to me? Alexandria is quite large. Will let you know.
nditiz1
I saw this one when it popped up and thought it looked decent, but in person may tell a different tale.
live free & drive
This car probably has the sport package with the Mahle wheels and the real LE front spoiler (shown) and also front and rear sway bars. It was available in '75 as an option package
930cabman
I am trying to get an address where the car is located. Thanks in advance to all

Seller claims it's a driver with little rust. Just what the doctor ordered so long as it's not a major project
StarBear
QUOTE(930cabman @ Aug 4 2021, 09:06 AM) *

I am trying to get an address where the car is located. Thanks in advance to all

Seller claims it's a driver with little rust. Just what the doctor ordered so long as it's not a major project

Turns out, we WILL be in Alexandria today! If you can post or pm the address and a contact phone I’ll do my best. Have a Zambezi 74 1.8. Will you want/need the vin number?
930cabman
QUOTE(StarBear @ Aug 4 2021, 07:15 AM) *

Turns out, we WILL be in Alexandria today! If you can post or pm the address and a contact phone I’ll do my best. Have a Zambezi 74 1.8. Will you want/need the vin number?

Seller says he can show it tomorrow after 5pm, he is on Robertson Road.
StarBear
QUOTE(930cabman @ Aug 4 2021, 09:55 AM) *

Rats. Won’t be in the area by tomorrow after 5pm. Sorry.
930cabman
QUOTE(StarBear @ Aug 4 2021, 08:27 AM) *

QUOTE(930cabman @ Aug 4 2021, 09:55 AM) *

Rats. Won’t be in the area by tomorrow after 5pm. Sorry.

Thank you for the offer, even if it's not working
930cabman
Anybody? I could sweeten the pot. Does $100. do anything?

The example is 7 hours from home for me and do not wish to purchase sight unseen

Thanks
BENBRO02
QUOTE(930cabman @ Aug 4 2021, 06:43 PM) *

The example is 7 hours from home for me and do not wish to purchase sight unseen

Thanks

I could go after work for you. I work about 30 minutes away
930cabman
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Aug 4 2021, 04:50 PM) *

Thanks

Ben, this is great news. I will PM you the details. Thanks much
BENBRO02
QUOTE(930cabman @ Aug 4 2021, 07:12 PM) *

QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Aug 4 2021, 04:50 PM) *

Thanks

Ben, this is great news. I will PM you the details. Thanks much

Glad to help
930cabman
Online it looks ok, but as we all know .....

In the past I have bought sight unseen, but it's a big gamble.

Thanks again, the details are in your PM
930cabman
Ben came through for me and spent close to an hour or more inspecting and test driving this example in Alexandria, VA. Also sent some decent pics of average problem (rust) areas.

Hats off to Ben and all the other 914 family members.

THANKS TO ALL, GLAD TO BE A PART OF THE MADNESS
nditiz1
Nice job Ben.

@930Cabman - not sure if you are the high bidder or what you are looking for in terms of running car/project, but there is a decent 73 up near Frederick MD being sold on ebay. The shop selling it has owned several 914s.
930cabman
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 6 2021, 09:01 AM) *

Nice job Ben.

@930Cabman - not sure if you are the high bidder or what you are looking for in terms of running car/project, but there is a decent 73 up near Frederick MD being sold on ebay. The shop selling it has owned several 914s.

Thanks, but I was not liking the pics of the longs, etc. BUT, I was the highest bidder onm the Palma Green example in Alexandria.
930cabman
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 6 2021, 09:01 AM) *

Nice job Ben.

Thanks, but I was not liking the pics of the longs, etc. BUT, I was the highest bidder on the Palma Green example in Alexandria.
BENBRO02
QUOTE(930cabman @ Aug 6 2021, 10:20 AM) *

Ben came through for me and spent close to an hour or more inspecting and test driving this example in Alexandria, VA. Also sent some decent pics of average problem (rust) areas.

Hats off to Ben and all the other 914 family members.

THANKS TO ALL, GLAD TO BE A PART OF THE MADNESS

welcome.png
nditiz1
Awesome win!
r_towle
How much did you get it for?
nditiz1
Looks like 12,845. I don't think there is any tax an autos except for your state.
930cabman
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 7 2021, 03:01 PM) *

Looks like 12,845. I don't think there is any tax an autos except for your state.

Yes, the final number was 12,845. I have been looking for a while and a local 914 enthusiast was able to make a visit with a test drive and closeup pics. Thanks much Ben.

The max I was going to go was 12,345 (sounds like a decent number), but with 17 seconds left I was outbid and another 500 sealed the deal. Montway will be transporting the car next week to Buffalo, NY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.