Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Backdate Offer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BillJ
So a very kind and wise 914World member did me the favor of offering his good condition chrome bumpers with extra foglights to me for the grand sum of $0 if i promised to install them on my 75 right away. I did as asked and have been very grateful.

Recently i purchased new stainless polished bumpers in search of always improving the car and have them installed now. I am going to make the same offer that Ralph did to whomever really will use them. They are 74 bumpers and would be nearly perfect if the bumperettes were installed. They photograph very well but they are not perfect so keep that in mind.

So who really needs them? Pics of current car and same promise required! You will need dogbomes as i kept mine.
BillJ
Close
siverson
Wow - that is very generous!

(I don't need them both hope they find a good home.)

-Steve
BillJ
This place is an amazing community. I could not think of a better use for them. Keep the Carma going smile.gif
Freezin 914
Wow Bill, truly a great gesture. Don’t need them, but just wanted to let you know that this is very kind of you! Congratulations to whoever gets them!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
wow! I would like it since my car is a 74 and maybe give away my painted black bumpers to another member.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mb911
Great deal.. my dad could use them but he is not ready for them.
76-914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 4 2021, 01:27 PM) *

wow! I would like it since my car is a 74 and maybe give away my painted black bumpers to another member.

I'd be up for those painted bumpers if they become available.. Wouldn't mind sweetening the deal with a few$$$. beerchug.gif
abes914
The best folks are in this site.

Best site in the WWW and best people in real life!

beerchug.gif

nditiz1
I need bumpers!!! for my 74 so I can get rid of these fiberglass 916 ones. Those or I'll take ndfrigi's black ones, just want to get these fiberglass ones off for my GT tribute build

IPB Image
BillJ
ndfrigi as you were first iwould be happy to send them to you provided you offer yours to whomever you like for the same price lol. PM me with your info.

ndfrigi
QUOTE(BillJ @ Aug 4 2021, 06:43 PM) *

ndfrigi as you were first iwould be happy to send them to you provided you offer yours to whomever you like for the same price lol. PM me with your info.

Hi sir Bill @BillJ!
Thank you so much! And yes I can do same offer for someone who will really need it.

I will send you more info and hope shipping is not too much!

Stay safe and God Bless you!

Noel
nditiz1
Noel I'm your guy for your black ones.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 4 2021, 06:55 PM) *

Hello, I would love to offer it to you but Kent 76-914 was the 1st member who is interested. If he pass, you will be the next one sir.
BillJ
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 4 2021, 09:54 PM) *

QUOTE(BillJ @ Aug 4 2021, 06:43 PM) *

Hi sir Bill @BillJ!
Thank you so much! And yes I can do same offer for someone who will really need it.

I will send you more info and hope shipping is not too much!

Stay safe and God Bless you!

Noel

Should not be too bad but anticipate to CA from NC should be around $60 maybe $100.
Justinp71
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 4 2021, 01:44 PM) *

I need bumpers!!! for my 74 so I can get rid of these fiberglass 916 ones. Those or I'll take ndfrigi's black ones, just want to get these fiberglass ones off for my GT tribute build

IPB Image

You will want fiberglass with the oil cooler hole...

76-914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 4 2021, 07:08 PM) *

Hello, I would love to offer it to you but Kent 76-914 was the 1st member who is interested. If he pass, you will be the next one sir.

Thx Noel. I appreciatr your integrity. Maybe I have something that you could use for your build as well. Now I'll be able to give the red '70 a new face. It came with a V8 and large opening up front. Since I've swapped a Subaru engine into it I can reduce the opening to the OEM oil cooler size that I have on the black 914. I bought the patch piece to weld in the front but have been waiting until I came across another front bumper. The rear bumper has a slight bend in it from a dent. I bondo'd the dent but the bumper reveals it was hit where it mates to the left side qtr panel. I still want to keep the yellow/green painted look so this is perfect. Thx again and PM me when the your ready to unload those bumpers. Kent beerchug.gif

From this large opening:

Click to view attachment

To this small size opening:

Click to view attachment Thank you again Noel and hopefully I have something in my stash you can use.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 4 2021, 09:12 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 4 2021, 07:08 PM) *

Thx Noel. I appreciatr your integrity. Maybe I have something that you could use for your build as well. Now I'll be able to give the red '70 a new face. It came with a V8 and large opening up front. Since I've swapped a Subaru engine into it I can reduce the opening to the OEM oil cooler size that I have on the black 914. I bought the patch piece to weld in the front but have been waiting until I came across another front bumper. The rear bumper has a slight bend in it from a dent. I bondo'd the dent but the bumper reveals it was hit where it mates to the left side qtr panel. I still want to keep the yellow/green painted look so this is perfect. Thx again and PM me when the your ready to unload those bumpers. Kent beerchug.gif

From this large opening:

Click to view attachment

To this small size opening:

Click to view attachment Thank you again Noel and hopefully I have something in my stash you can use.

Okay Kent! We will see what will happen with my transaction with Bill.
We can meet half way when that comes. Oh, nice seeing you again last Idyllwild drive with fellow SoCal.

Sorry nditiz1 but if something change, I will let you know.
BillJ
Bumpers are on their way! You will have to source dog bones and the hardware to mount potentially but you may have those already. They were a little heavy with the fog lights but not too bad for shipping across country.

Enjoy and pass on the CARma 914Worlders.

-Bill
ndfrigi
Hi again Bill Jay @BillJ!
Thank you again for the beautiful chrome bumpers!
God bless you!

I was able to remove the painted bumper yesterday and test fitted them already.
Painted bumper is ready for Kent to pick them up.

The best 914world!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Montreal914
Nice overall exchange of parts! smilie_pokal.gif
DC_neun_vierzehn
Man ... this thread is the definition of fam.
horizontally-opposed
Too cool…
GBX0073
Very Cool !!!!

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 20 2021, 10:36 PM) *

Too cool…

Larmo63
I'm stoked that you are so close to getting another 914 on the road, Noel!!

This thread makes me miss 914 world, not just the site, but the world of 914ers.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 20 2021, 09:15 PM) *

I'm stoked that you are so close to getting another 914 on the road, Noel!!

This thread makes me miss 914 world, not just the site, but the world of 914ers.

Thanks buddy Larmo @Larmo63!
I know you like 911s but you love 914world guys!
I just got some motivation after Bill gave me those chrome bumpers and finally did something to my project again.
Hope I can do more soon to finish my project!

And again, thank you to 914world people!
Cairo94507
@Larmo63 - We miss seeing you Lawrence. Might you consider attending WCR in SLO? Heck, drive the tail dragger. wub.gif beerchug.gif
sb914
Awesome!! And Noel is most deserving of these parts … way to go world !
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 21 2021, 07:18 AM) *

Awesome!! And Noel is most deserving of these parts … way to go world !

Thanks Eddy (a friend all the way from Oregon). Stay safe there!
Gatornapper
Huge DITTO on that!

GN

QUOTE(abes914 @ Aug 4 2021, 02:37 PM) *

The best folks are in this site.

Best site in the WWW and best people in real life!

beerchug.gif

BillJ
Keep the love guys. drunk.gif
rgolia
Great job Bill. My original bumpers made it back out to California. Me and my 914 were out there from 1980 to 1985. How cool. piratenanner.gif
76-914
Now that I have the bumpers installed that Noel so graciously offered I have a pair to pass on to another member. They come as a pair and local pick up only. The front bumper has the std Renegade V8 cutout. Pics below:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
BillJ
Keep it rolling!!!
jim912928
Have a 75 looking to backdate to painted bumpers!
BillJ
Does anyone happen to have available a nice condition rear fiberglass bumper (or 2)? Need one for the black car.
jim dorociak
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 21 2022, 11:09 AM) *

Does anyone happen to have available a nice condition rear fiberglass bumper (or 2)? Need one for the black car.

Question I have is how are the new stainless steel bumpers? Do they fit properly? Can you post some pictures? Are you happy with purchase? Would you do it again?

Thanks guys. Jim
Cairo94507
Hi Jim- I have seen several sets of the SS bumpers installed and all of the owners have loved them. They seem to fit very nice, as good as stock when I have seen them. Shop around for a good price and of course buy both at the same time to save on shipping (hopefully). beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 21 2022, 11:09 AM) *

Bump to top for Bill!
BillJ
Thanks for the bump. Buy from AA not direct from source is my advice. They are definitely gorgeous.
BillJ
I need a fg rear bumper though and stat biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.