Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally, my own shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
A life long dream realized. All my tools and cars finally in one place. A 2 post and a 4 post. Start my long list of projects tomorrow. Still need to organize tools and plumb the air compressor, but we are close.

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Wow, really sweet.
ndfrigi
wow! Congratulations!
With that kind of shop, I can stay the entire year without out of town vacation and visiting any theme parks. Just eat out with family and just let friends come visit the shop.

mepstein
beerchug.gif
FourBlades

Wow, congratulations! beerchug.gif

Will this just be for your projects or will you be fixing cars for customers too?

John
NARP74
Living my dream, congrats!
mlindner
Sharp, well done.
flyer86d
Very nice. Enjoy!

Charlie
Root_Werks
Awesome!

I want to build a separate 2-car garage. Not so much for projects, just cars. It's easy to get car heavy and seemingly challenging to have space for all the toys. wink.gif
jfort
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Aug 6 2021, 07:48 AM) *

Wow, congratulations! beerchug.gif

Will this just be for your projects or will you be fixing cars for customers too?

John

I'm no mechanic so I can't work on others'. But a vette and a Ferrari will be on the lift next week and I'll help.
jfort
my son owns a blasting business and has a big track drill that will be at one end during the winter.
Freezin 914
Excellent! Congratulations! piratenanner.gif
Andyrew
Well you dont tip toe in now do you?

NICE Shop!!
AZBanks
Congrats!!
Shivers
The surest way to make your dreams come true is to live them. Congratulations
Tonyooc
Nice, I'm try to get a four or five garage at home to start with. Yours is over the top.
PaulFV8
Congrats. I’ll be dreaming about it tonight. lol
bkrantz
Very nice.

I have tried to live up to the rule:

Garage space >> house space

but have often failed.
Jett
Very nice shop!
914andy
WOW !!!
congrats
930cabman
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Aug 6 2021, 08:42 PM) *

Very nice.

I have tried to live up to the rule:

Garage space >> house space

but have often failed.

Me too, but I am lucky to have a nice little 3,000 sq/ft car shop 25 min from home.

Congrats on the new shop, it looks awesome
Maltese Falcon
Eye Candy building...and the polished concrete floor is the bees knees biggrin.gif
Enjoy the new Krib!
aharder
Sweet, I've always wanted one but it won't happen until I win the Lottery
aharder
love the floor !!
Unobtanium-inc
The dream of many a car guy, enjoy!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Aug 6 2021, 06:11 PM) *

Nice, I'm try to get a four or five garage at home to start with. Yours is over the top.

@Tonyooc

Where do you live in Fullerton that you could put a 4 or 5 car garage? I misspent my youth in that town. Skyline drive was a blast in the ‘60s…great driving road w/great make out spots…Nirvana.

Sorry for the hijack jfort, great looking shop. One word of caution…nature abhors a vacuum.
63ratster
Great looking shop! Congratulations on finally making it happen!
jfort
got the cabinets hung. plumbed the compressed air with steel pipe, the water with plastic and shark bite connectors. pressure washer is a go. love washing the car inside. still a lot of junk to find a place for. best part - working with my son on the building and his rock drill

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Van B
Why can’t I have friends like this?!
jfort
forgot the rock drill. note Bingo resting as I wash car

Click to view attachment
jfort
blue tool chests were a hand me down. one for metric, torx and SAE
siverson
Looks great!
pfreiburger
That is awesome! Even sharing space with the drill parked you still have room to work on a fleet. Very cool that you can share this with your son also, nothing better than that.
Jett
@jfort what sanding grit did you use on the floor? We are about to polish ours and apparently you can go 100 - 3000 grit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.