Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Raised spindles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
mlindner
My 19mm raised spindles also have raised brake line brackets that are crashing into the strut dust caps. Do the dust covers need to be shortened or just take off.. This is street legal but mostly a track and DE car. Thanks, Mark
914 Ranch
Personally I would remove them as they are part of unsprung weight. But I might be considered a radical.

Click to view attachment

And this a shameless chance to plug my build thread.
mlindner
Thanks Joe....that is radical!
stownsen914
On coilover setups, the dust covers are removed, for what it's worth
mlindner
thanks stownsen914, I cut them down to about a inch, just to keep the bump stop in place. Will try out when the rain stops. Mark
brant
I've been running my front struts with the covers removed since 2005 and no problems
I've gone through a few shocks, but not due to the seals leaking or cover problems....
(because my front suspension was hit and the shock bent)

removing the covers allowed more room for negative camber adjustment on my modified upper mounts.
mepstein
It’s common to remove the dust covers on the steel 911 rear trailing arms so you can switch to the aluminum trailing arms. Most people aren’t using their classic Porsche’s as daily drivers through the rain and snow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.