Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ALL DONE (I Need a Hand with HOWARD's Front Suspension)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
EDIT:

Done. Thanks Ted !!!beerchug.gif

No matter how hard I've tried, I just can't seem to get the right front ball joint to line up so it can slip into the lower portion of the strut. I'm at wit's end headbang.gif

Is there anybody local to me in the Torrance area that can stop by for a few minutes to gimme a hand? I need to get HOWARD off the lift and back on the ground so I can roll it onto a trailer and head off to the body shop popcorn[1].gif
Shivers
I'm probably a bit far but if you pull the strut at top, attach to the ball joint , then you have a lever to reinstall at the top.
ndfrigi
Hello Mark, I can help this coming monday morning if you are okay with that schedule.
euro911
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 6 2021, 04:59 PM) *
Hello Mark, I can help this coming monday morning if you are okay with that schedule.

Thanks, Noel. Shoot me a PM so we can coordinate a time that's good for you ... and so I can actually get out of bed when the alarm sounds off yellowsleep[1].gif

No worries, Paul - that's way too long of a drive driving.gif (don't ask me how I know) shades.gif

I've tried several methods, and getting the shaft up through the bearing was enough enough of a chore. Just thinking an extra pair of eyes & hands to guide the 2 parts together will hopefully do the trick idea.gif

913B
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 6 2021, 05:21 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 6 2021, 04:59 PM) *

Thanks, Noel. Shoot me a PM so we can coordinate a time that's good for you ... and so I can actually get out of bed when the alarm sounds off yellowsleep[1].gif

No worries, Paul - that's way too long of a drive driving.gif (don't ask me how I know) shades.gif

I've tried several methods, and getting the shaft up through the bearing was enough enough of a chore. Just thinking an extra pair of eyes & hands to guide the 2 parts together will hopefully do the trick idea.gif

@euro911
I am available tomorrow Sat. Let me know.
914Sixer
Mark,
Trick to doing ball joints is put the joint and pin into strut. Then rotate joint to approximate location for the slot to go in to A arm. Wiggle joint into A arm.
euro911
Ted was gracious enough to stop by and lend a couple of hands. Actually, Ted did most of the work while I sat around picking my nose - JK laugh.gif

Actually, it was still a bit of a chore with both of us working on it, but with some creative measures, we finally got everything lined up and bolted back together. I need to reattach the brake hose, bleed the system and toss the tire back on - then it'll be ready for a trailer ride to the shop smile.gif

Thanks again Ted ... I owe you one pray.gif

Thanks to you as well, Noel. I appreciate the offer wink.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 7 2021, 02:25 PM) *

Ted was gracious enough to stop by and lend a couple of hands. Actually, Ted did most of the work while I sat around picking my nose - JK laugh.gif

Actually, it was still a bit of a chore with both of us working on it, but with some creative measures, we finally got everything lined up and bolted back together. I need to reattach the brake hose, bleed the system and toss the tire back on - then it'll be ready for a trailer ride to the shop smile.gif

Thanks again Ted ... I owe you one pray.gif

Thanks to you as well, Noel. I appreciate the offer wink.gif

Mark, do you still need a hand on monday for the brake line and bleeding?
euro911
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 7 2021, 02:31 PM) *
Hey, if you wanna come up, we could knock that task out fairly quick. Lemme know what your favorite beverage is and I'll pick some up beer3.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 8 2021, 10:50 AM) *

Hey, if you wanna come up, we could knock that task out fairly quick. Lemme know what your favorite beverage is and I'll pick some up beer3.gif

Be there between 8:30 and 9:30 depends on traffic during that time.
Water will do or any soda sir is fine.

euro911
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 8 2021, 01:38 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 8 2021, 10:50 AM) *

Be there between 8:30 and 9:30 depends on traffic during that time.
Water will do or any soda sir is fine.
9:30 ~ 10:00 would be better ... yellowsleep[1].gif

Got ya covered beer3.gif
euro911
Thank you again for helping with the brakes, Noel. It was nice to see you again beerchug.gif

Let me know if I can lend a hand down your way biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.