Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater-lever replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Hi Everyone!

Moving along in my interior, and I've sourced a new-heater-lever. Not familiar with this part, I thought it would be a simple swap, but it never occurred to me that the heater-cables were 1-piece.

Is there an easy way to swap handles without pulling out the heater-wire? I would think it would be a major PITA. bye1.gif
BillJ
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Aug 9 2021, 02:46 PM) *

Hi Everyone!

Moving along in my interior, and I've sourced a new-heater-lever. Not familiar with this part, I thought it would be a simple swap, but it never occurred to me that the heater-cables were 1-piece.

Is there an easy way to swap handles without pulling out the heater-wire? I would think it would be a major PITA. bye1.gif

Just did this as well. Yes you have to pull it out. Not as hard (at least on mine) than i thought it would be. Just make sure to protect your interior from grease if you do. I wrapped the engine side with thin wire to make routing them back a little easier.
Root_Werks
Also make sure you note which side has the longer cable end. IIRC one side is longer as the place where the tubes exit isn't exactly in the center.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 9 2021, 01:55 PM) *

Also make sure you note which side has the longer cable end. IIRC one side is longer as the place where the tubes exit isn't exactly in the center.

Thanks gentleman! Sounds like there's nothing to it, except to get-started. I suppose if I tie a string / wire to the end that I pull out, it will help me in the long-run.
Root_Werks
It's a solid cable, they should (usually) just slide right back in with little to no trouble. The tubes are not that long which helps.

hardest part is the prep, getting the car up, crawling under etc. Two little bolts to loosen at the heater valves and the rest is from inside the car.

Easy peezy!
bdstone914
Dont be surprised it the cable does not reach both flapper boxes. I bought a roll of thick piano wire an cut them to lenght.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.