Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would an engine run...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMartin914
Pulled my harness this weekend (74 2.0 d-jet) and tagged all connections in the process of removal. As I was cleaning it up and doing some repairs I noticed that the grey boots on the injectors (black ones are missing) were in back. Should they not be in front? The motor ran before, but was having some problems. How big of a problem could this create?

This is the first time I have had the harness out, but I am sure that it has been out before. Makes me wonder. idea.gif
Cap'n Krusty
It'll run. The Cap'n
Bruce Allert
I'd read somewhere that you can remember where they go with the saying, "Black in back". If you have the harness off use a meter & do a continuity test from the ECU connector block to each connector I think the bird board has a list of each connector as it is connected by number to the ECU block. That way you can see which connection end goes to where. I've done it a couple times with mine. It'll also tell you if you have a broken wire.

.....b
Dr Evil
So long as they are on the right side, you will have no problem. IIRC, they fire in groups of two: L and R so if you swap your front and back it should be a non issue.

Am I mistaken?
goose2
they fire in groups of two: L and R so

Actually they fire in groups of 2 diagonally opposed cylinders....this is always a good clue when diagnosing trigger point problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.