Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ‘71 914 914-6 Conversion Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
maj75
I have concluded that I am not going to get to this project in a timely fashion. Here is a link to the car when I first got it:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=350314&hl=

Car is solid, no rusted out areas. Surface rust around jack points which would have been reinforced with the 914/6 plates. Low miles indicated and car appears to have been off the road since the late 70’s. It traveled around the southwest as a rolling project. I have the original engine and all related parts. Original engine is out of the car. It does not turn over and I’ve made no attempt to diagnose. Here are the things I have purchased, or done to convert the car to -6. Clean title in my name. Located in South Florida.

Original trans rebuilt by Dr. Evil and converted to side shift.
Side shift shift rods.
911 front hubs
911 front control arm bushings Elephant Racing
914-6 rear calipers
21mm front torsion bars
911 19mm front sway bar set up
Adj bump steer kit
New Bilstein 911 front struts
911 front ball joints
Original fuel tank purchased, like new inside.
Car was dry ice blasted, totally clean engine compartment and underside.
3.0 911 SC motor, complete with CIS
The interior is out of the car and at an upholstry shop to be redone. The shop is closed until mid August so I can’t say what if any progress has been made installing the new interior vinyl. I did purchase a complete kit for seats, doors and rear panel. I have original seat belts in good shape.
No broken bolts in removing the interior or seatbelts.
I’m sure there are other things I’ve missed but these are the major items.

I will be traveling for the next month and I’m not in a hurry to get rid of the car. It is stored in my warehouse.

I don’t want to part it out, I don’t have any interest in shipping out boxes.
$15K without the 3.0 SC motor
$20K with the SC motor.

Text is best way to reach me 3o5 four 3 nine two 44 five

maj75
Find all relevant pictures here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/914-914-6-forum...14-today-2.html
achman_73_2.0
The big question here is do you know the condition of the 3.0?
maj75
QUOTE(achman_73_2.0 @ Aug 11 2021, 03:10 PM) *

The big question here is do you know the condition of the 3.0?

Come on, guys.
What do you think you would be getting for $5000? A running 3.0? You know what a bare 3.0 long block goes for? I’d sell it for $20K all day if I had it running. I was told it was a good, low mile running engine, pulled from a rusty SC for a swap into a VW Bus by Street and Sand. Bus got sold before the conversion. I bought it from them off their showroom floor. It is complete and turns over. The Porsche mechanic, formerly from Gulf Porsche looked it over and said he saw no reason it wouldn’t run. No broken or pulled studs. Ready to bolt in a vintage 911.

It’s been sitting on a furniture dolly in my warehouse for a few months. I haven’t done anything with it but roll it around. If it doesn’t sell now, I’ll let the mechanic get it running and check it over. If it runs good, I’ll list it on Rennlist in the 911 section for a whole lot more.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Tdskip
Respectfully, I think asking about the condition of the engine is totally fair. Buyers have every reason to want to make sure they know exactly what they’re getting.

Sorry the project hasn’t worked out, certainly seems like there’s a lot to work with there for a potential build.
roblav1
A 1973 GT conversion just sold on BAT today for $95K. The chassis here looks like one of the dryest I've seen in a while. A non-running SC engine is around $15K over on the bird site. With all of the seller's conversion parts here, this is a good deal. If I didn't already have two 914's with 6's, I'd be interested.
rick 918-S
Beg to differ with your description of the chassis. That is not surface rust. That Long blowing up like a balloon. Pretty nice otherwise.
Tdskip
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 13 2021, 05:36 AM) *

Beg to differ with your description of the chassis. That is not surface rust. That Long blowing up like a balloon. Pretty nice otherwise.

Click to view attachment
roblav1
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 13 2021, 06:36 AM) *

Roger that... my comment was based on the firewall and hellhole.

That jack support is a piece of cake to fix. Just cut out the bad stuff and butt weld new (slightly heavier) steel with a tig, grind the welds, and you'd hardly know. I've done this a few times, and it's far easier than firewalls and hellholes.

This car is still a great package for the $$$. It's also a fairly rare 1971.
maj75
The jack point is removed for the braces. The longs are solid. You can bang on them with a 5lb hammer and tell they are solid.
Jay Wellwood
If I weren't staring down the barrel of a Kitchen Remodel this fall I'd be all over this like white on rice.

Once again, my life's timing sux. headbang.gif
Cairo94507
Even assuming there is some rust repair needed, that chassis looks good. This is a very good deal for someone who wants to have a 914 with a 6 in it. The 3.0 is a terrific motor for these car. I would be tempted to run it with the CIS too. Makes your life a lot easier once you get it all plumbed. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
maj75
Update, the roller is for sale. Have open title. $4500
Items for sale:
Gas tank, like new inside. Exterior painted $250
Luisi Steering wheel adapter, for early 914 $100
Shifter for side shift transmission $250
Shift rod for side shifter $100
911 front hubs ‘78 SC fitment $450
Elephant Racing Bump Steer kit #2110901 $100 SOLD
Early light cover for interior light, NOS $25
Elephant Racing Poly Bronze Control Arm Bushings #2051500 $100 SOLD
Bilstein Front Struts, new ‘78 911 SC fitment $450 EACH
Original 914 motor, stuck, $500
New adapter for engine stand $75 SOLD
Front Sway Bar assembly $150
Headers for 914-6 1 5/8 primaries $450
Professionally recovered original door panels, seats and back pad for early 914 $1000
Plastic dash Cover, new $50
Sway-Away hollow front torsion bar set for 914-6 $250
Box of parts for Weber carbs $50 SOLD
Engine tin no rust $75
Box with original 1.7 fuel injection
Washer bottle $25
Original 1.7 Air Cleaner and miscellaneous intake emissions parts $50
Rebuilt original transmission, by Dr Evil. Still in the shipping as received from Mike. Tail shift transmission converted by Mike to side shift. $2000
914-6 rear calipers, need rebuilt $800. SOLD

Prices do not include shipping from South Florida. Can deliver within reasonable distance for $$$.
Thanks
I can send pictures of the items if you are interested.
racer914
PM Sent. I'm in FL
mepstein
I’ll take the six calipers please.

Still have the 3.0? If so, I’ll buy it. Thanks mark
maj75
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 22 2022, 07:33 PM) *

I’ll take the six calipers please.

Still have the 3.0? If so, I’ll buy it. Thanks mark

Calipers are yours.
3.0 sold a while ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.