Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robkammer
Hello Teeners! Trying to track down and isolate some electrical issues in my 74 LE. I'm finding the Haynes wiring diagrams are a good start but very difficult to follow and with lots of dead ends. Is there a set of more comprehensive drawing out there somewhere for download or purchase?
barefoot
Look here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20121014042555/...al_diagrams.htm
robkammer
Thanks, those with color will help. Trying to track what is supposed to be fed from one fuse that was not installed in the car when I took delivery. The fuse box cover is no help. Another issue is that the fog lights come on with the high beam switch and the high beams come on with the fog light switch. The car had some restoration work done by the PO and I'm sure the shop got bored with the job and threw it back together at the end. I've found several small things that were not the way I would have done it.
It's a process!
dhuckabay
I bought a laminated wire diagram that was color coded from a supplier on this site. Unfortunately I am in Africa now so can't get to it to find the name. Wasn't a lot of money, think $20. It has been very helpful on mine. My LE was never touched and I have had a few wiring issues to chase, headlights mainly. May be something genetic to the model.
mepstein
https://colorwiringdiagrams.com/

They also sell on eBay. Well worth the $20-25
robkammer
Thanks, those with color will help. Trying to track what is supposed to be fed from one fuse that was not installed in the car when I took delivery. The fuse box cover is no help. Another issue is that the fog lights come on with the high beam switch and the high beams come on with the fog light switch. The car had some restoration work done by the PO and I'm sure the shop got bored with the job and threw it back together at the end. I've found several small things that were not the way I would have done it.
It's a process!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.