Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do I need to adjust headlights?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
I just ordered a set of LED headlight housings and bulbs from 914Rubber for my ‘76. My current Hella lights seem well adjusted. When I plug and play the new units, will I probably need to readjust the beams, or should be good to go…?
BENBRO02
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 10 2021, 07:23 PM) *

I just ordered a set of LED headlight housings and bulbs from 914Rubber for my ‘76. My current Hella lights seem well adjusted. When I plug and play the new units, will I probably need to readjust the beams, or should be good to go…?

They will probably be ok but I would suggest you check them.
bdstone914
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 10 2021, 04:23 PM) *

You will probably need to adjust them. The housings are different and have different support tabs.
VaccaRabite
I don't know that its possible to replace a headlight and not have to adjust it. I've always had to really loosen/remove the adjusters to remove the light.

If you mean you are just putting an LED bulb into an H4 housing not intended for LED - you will definitely need to adjust and it may not ever be right. The housings for LED lights are different then standard bulbs.

Zach
Cairo94507
I agree. I had to adjust mine (different LED headlights) after installing them. I pulled my car close to the garage door, 6' back, and marked with tape the "hot spot" of the headlight on the garage door. Swapped the lights and adjusted then ew ones to the marked "hot spot". That got me close enough to go drive and then make final adjustments. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Yes,
You will need to adjust the pattern. If yours were pretty close to begin with it may not be much.

They are a huge improvement.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.