Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fog light grills
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Anyone have experience with these "factory seconds" grills?

https://914rubber.com/chrome-fog-light-gril...for-porsche-914

https://914rubber.com/factory-second-chrome...for-porsche-914

$55 vs $120... ?

-Steve
jdamiano
I got them a couple months ago and am happy with them. Unless your car is a show car I think the seconds are fine. The chrome looks a little wavy but I don’t even see it when they are on the car. Get new clips and slightly longer screws to mount them. My buddy did a video of mine on his YouTube channel Barefoot Garage.
abes914
i have it in my car as well and i am happy with it. it does feel more plastic than the original painted black that i have. my car is a driver's car so i wasn't looking for concourse parts. YMMV
Mikey914
We are actually doing another run on grills.

The initial run we did in black plastic so we could offer the black grills as well as chrome.

To coat and make bright with the black it takes more material. Unfortunately when you coat that thick it gets harder to make the coat consistent.

This next run is on the white plastic so we should be reducing the number of seconds, so get them while you can.

Factory does things for a reason sometimes you don't know why until you do.
burton73
I have a set of 914 Rubber parts that I have not put on a car yet and even if they are seconds they look very good to me. Really not sure why mine where seconds but they look very good. I have done QC on plastic parts for 46 years and these look great IMHO

Bob B
Tonyooc
For a driver the seconds are fine. I wouldn't put them on a show car. I like mine, a little blemish you will never see when there on the car.
Mikey914
That’s just it, these take a pretty good beating if you are putting mileage on you car. If it’s a show car an someone is a foot or two away the un uniform application of the metal will show a wave. It’s very difficult to QC these as to do so we have to move them around and closely look at the part. They are still great parts so we offer them up at a discount. I’m hoping that this next run we will finally have the consistency to produce fewer 2nds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.