Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB handbrake short cable 1974 914-4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Medtner3
My short handbrake cable is looking sad, several frayed wires and rust. The aftermarket I found on Ebay is $30 but it's not an exact match, the exact part is very pricey $167 from Pelican and looks like this:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/9144...e%20Catch%20All

Any suggestions? Anyone have a used short cable that is in good shape not rusty and broken?

I also think I need the handbrake sleeve bushing and I am looking for that.
914Sixer
What is wrong with the one one Ebay? Original one were yellow zinc not clear zinc as shown in OEM Porsche. OE Porsche is more than likely Dansk or Jorg.
autopro
I just ordered the one posted above and it showed up clear zinc, not the yellow as in the picture. Took about 3 weeks for it to get here.
914Sixer
Ok now I understand. More and more of the reproduction parts are turning up clear zinc and not yellow was the originals were. It is a pretty much hidden part.
Medtner3
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 13 2021, 09:32 PM) *

What is wrong with the one one Ebay? Original one were yellow zinc not clear zinc as shown in OEM Porsche. OE Porsche is more than likely Dansk or Jorg.

I thought the end piece looked a little different. I didn't know the originals were zinc
rhodyguy
One has to buy the piece that pivots with 2 hook ends, the pin and pin clip separately?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.