Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patrick Motorsports 6-cyl throttle cable question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Optimusglen
For anyone running this cable, did you use the pivot point at the back of the carb? Or did you run it all the way to the cross bar?

My cable is just too long, but I'm using the pivot. I was able to make it work by maxing out the adjustments and timing a knot in it near the end, it's not ideal though...

IPB Image
mb911
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Aug 14 2021, 07:05 AM) *

For anyone running this cable, did you use the pivot point at the back of the carb? Or did you run it all the way to the cross bar?

My cable is just too long, but I'm using the pivot. I was able to make it work by maxing out the adjustments and timing a knot in it near the end, it's not ideal though...

IPB Image

On the original -6 that I worked on this spring for a guy he had the Patrick cable on it and he used no bell crank/pivot.
9146C
I've used the PMS throttle cable since I did my original 6 conversion about 15 years ago. I used a spacer (and slightly longer bolt) to move the bellhousing bracket further aft...about 8mm.
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Here’s mine. Looks like the triangle has another hole to change the ratio
SirAndy
No carbs but i just looped the cable up and through the tin straight to the throttle body without any additional linkage.

IPB Image
Krieger
I made my own. Had to experiment with length and position of the arm I added to the crossbar. The second attachment for the cable ended up being a spare in case of failure. The first arm I made was too short and the gas pedal acted more like an on off switch.
PMS cable is the perfect length.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 14 2021, 10:05 AM) *

No carbs but i just looped the cable up and through the tin straight to the throttle body without any additional linkage.

IPB Image

@SirAndy - Can you talk about this more / share more photos? Believe this is what the previous owner of the car did, I bought the same PMS cable, but I’m finding that it’s a bit short.

Thanks in advance! bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.