Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patrick Motorsports Accelerator Cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Anyone have any experience installing these on their 3.6 engines? I'm in the middle of running mine, and believe I'm about 12" short. Unfortunately, I've been trying to contact them and am getting no-response, and they don't have an installation guide for this part.

I know that previously, my accelerator cable ran directly to the throttle-body (seen in the photo) and I thought this piece was similar and eliminated the need for all the Accelerator mechanicals (Bell-crank, etc.) and just ran through the tunnel, out the firewall, below the engine, and up through the rear-part of the engine-tin.

Thanks in advance for any-help
siverson
Hi - and just saw your PM...

Sorry, I don't know. When I used that throttle body on my 3.6 I used a 914-4 cable and some very hacked together Home Depot parts and lots of welding and grinding to make the end longer and connect to the 3.6 parts.

Honestly it seems like they are all just a little different so just need to invent something that works.

12" is a long ways to go though... Is it a straight 12"? Use a long threaded rod?

-Steve

SirAndy
I can try to take some pics today.

I didn't have any problems with the length of the cable tough. I routed it under the engine and up through the tin in a loop, straight to the throttle body.
idea.gif

IPB Image
RiqueMar
@siverson @SirAndy

Thanks everyone for the reply. I feel like the PMS Cable is long-enough to reach from the throttle-body to the pedal when routing underneath the engine and through the tin, but the 'grommet' (circled in the photo) doesn't arrive at the firewall. Rather, it sits about 12" further-back, just below the engine.

I'll get back on it tonight. Maybe I can just 'slide' the rubber sleeve back further so everything lines up, just wanted to make sure I'm not making some obvious mistake, or needed something like the bell-crank. In the meantime, I've ordered a stock 914/4 cable, and will rig up something if this doesn't pan out. Anyone else reading this, that has any solution/input/photos, all are very welcome. Thanks!

Click to view attachment
Steve
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Aug 14 2021, 04:05 PM) *

Anyone have any experience installing these on their 3.6 engines? I'm in the middle of running mine, and believe I'm about 12" short. Unfortunately, I've been trying to contact them and am getting no-response, and they don't have an installation guide for this part.

I know that previously, my accelerator cable ran directly to the throttle-body (seen in the photo) and I thought this piece was similar and eliminated the need for all the Accelerator mechanicals (Bell-crank, etc.) and just ran through the tunnel, out the firewall, below the engine, and up through the rear-part of the engine-tin.

Thanks in advance for any-help

Is this the standard 914-6 cable or the 914-4 to 3.6 PMS cable?
https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/eng...7ff77&_ss=r
If its his special adapter cable I would give PMS a call. The PMS 914-6 cable is designed to replace the stock 914-6 cable using the bell crank and rod on the trans.
That is what I am currently running. Rich Johnson trans bell crank and PMS 914-6 throttle cable.
Steve
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Aug 17 2021, 10:08 AM) *

@siverson @SirAndy

Thanks everyone for the reply. I feel like the PMS Cable is long-enough to reach from the throttle-body to the pedal when routing underneath the engine and through the tin, but the 'grommet' (circled in the photo) doesn't arrive at the firewall. Rather, it sits about 12" further-back, just below the engine.

I'll get back on it tonight. Maybe I can just 'slide' the rubber sleeve back further so everything lines up, just wanted to make sure I'm not making some obvious mistake, or needed something like the bell-crank. In the meantime, I've ordered a stock 914/4 cable, and will rig up something if this doesn't pan out. Anyone else reading this, that has any solution/input/photos, all are very welcome. Thanks!

Click to view attachment

Yep that's his adapter cable. I would give PMS a call.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 17 2021, 10:14 AM) *

Is this the standard 914-6 cable or the 914-4 to 3.6 PMS cable?
https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/eng...7ff77&_ss=r
If its his special adapter cable I would give PMS a call. The PMS 914-6 cable is designed to replace the stock 914-6 cable using the bell crank and rod on the trans.
That is what I am currently running. Rich Johnson trans bell crank and PMS 914-6 throttle cable.

SeƱor @Steve - thanks for chiming in. Yeah, unless they sent me the wrong-one, I purchased the 'Conversion' cable. Very strange, because to me this would be a 'bolt right up' part.

Click to view attachment

Steve
I also just bought the 993/964 conversion cable. It does look a little different than the picture. PMS usually picks up if you call them. Email with them is sporadic.
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
I don't see that big washer/ring thing for the firewall. But on mine, the rest looks the same and the sheathing goes all the way to the firewall.

idea.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
**Patrick Motorsports appreciation post**

Just got off the phone, and seems like there was a mix-up; They accidentally sent me the 911-cable. Called, resolved by Mr. Patrick himself, and expecting a 'swap' shortly.

Excellent customer service!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.