Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this even useful when trying to
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
1974 1.8 was the setting I punched in.Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
Not really.

Not bad as an overall guestimate but the problem with vintage cars like the 914 is that the market is very thin.

Prices are more dependent on the intangibles that JDP / NADA / Edmunds can't readily categorize. Structural rust as an example is all over the map and affects price in a HUGE way.
914Sixer
My rule of thumb is it is only worth what you can get for it. I think about what I would pay for it when pricing. Some people want to dicker over price, I ask flat out what is the bottom number they will take. Set that number and stick with it.
shane
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 15 2021, 03:15 PM) *

Not really.

Not bad as an overall guestimate but the problem with vintage cars like the 914 is that the market is very thin.

Prices are more dependent on the intangibles that JDP / NADA / Edmunds can't readily categorize. Structural rust as an example is all over the map and affects price in a HUGE way.

My thinking is it’s more about quantity of rust on the 4’s for your average Joe’s
Superhawk996
Look at the numbers this way. You have a 6x spread between low end and high end.

In realitym it's even more than that since there are some that are $2000 cars and yet we have ad's from Ebay on this site right now looking for $64k for a /4. A 30x spread.

On a modern daily driver you won't typically find a 6x - 30x spread between low end and high end.
930cabman
I admit to just purchasing 914 #3.

#1 was a rust out, had been taken apart 35 years ago and was free

#2 was a solid West coast car, taken apart about 5 years ago, not running

#3 is running and was inspected by another 914 enthusiast and board member. I knew it needed work (very little rust repair) and I set the purchase price as a buyer at 12,345.
Sounds reasonable. Two weeks later she showed up via Montway and is now in my garage. Anything is only worth what someone will fork over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.