Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video of Cold Start Issue. Stock 74 2.0 Injected
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moezilla
Thank you in advance for any tips!
65K original miles 74 2.0 with all stock injection in place but evidence of a "trusted" mechanic. Starts up find when warm, but takes 6 attempts to get it idling when cold.
Looking to pay a type IV expert in the East Bay or Marin, but everyone has a big backlog. Any suggestions there would be appreciated.
My expertise is limited to megasquirt and electromotive.
https://streamable.com/sfz6zl

When warm occasionally it will hiccup under throttle open so I suspect connection issues.

thank you!
Cairo94507
Sent you a PM.
rjames
Is the AAR valve opening up to let in extra air when it's cold? Also check to make sure your CHT sensor is within spec when cold.

The hiccup may be your distributor.
JeffBowlsby
The problem with a global HELP! thread like this is there could be only one problem or many. Bad mechanics like to just throw parts at something without really understanding or diagnosing the problem. D-Jet is not that hard to understand if you are informed and methodical. D-Jet may not even be the issue, it could be timing, a kinked fuel hose or dirty/broken electrical connection(s), etc.

Now would be a good time to learn how it works you just need a few simple tools and patience to check each component. A fuel pressure gauge, an ohmmeter, 1-4 glass jars. And the knowledge in a simple manual like this one: https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Man04.pdf

wink.gif
emerygt350
how do you feel about your timing? Can you keep it running if you give it gas?
moezilla
yes. thank you all. The suggestion of just checking all of the subsystems made me feel stupid for not doing so. Turns out it was the vacuum line to the decel valve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.