Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS-1974 914 wrx conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
lastwolf69
I've been Building this Project for my dad and after some recent health issue his ability to drive a manual Trans is no longer there...so I'm putting this project up for sale...keeping in mind i have more then $20,000 into this thing I'm hoping some one will make me a reasonable offer for it and it will find a good home. I would consider trades as well...I.E. 2005 or newer Boxter, convertible mustang, or camaro...lets start at an asking price of maybe $15,000...if anyone has any input on that please feel free to let me know.

P.s. it seems my post keeps being deleted if anyone could tell me why that would be great

P.P.S. pics of the build can be found on my build thread...
Okay to start it a very clean rust free 1974 914 1.8l from Arizona that I paid 8k for back in 2005 motor blew about 6 months later...did a rebuild (2013) and got some bad parts so that motor lasted about 500 miles...At this point I said it wrx time(2016)...spent $3,000 for a very low mileage JDM wrx half cut. purchased all the parts and shortened the Subaru trans so it can have an updated trans. Next i had to have the engine and transmission cradle custom made because by this point no one was selling them anymore (thousands of dollars in time and materials to get this perfect check my build thread)...next i took the subaru dash and cut it into pieces to make a custom fit hybrid dash so that the subaru gauges can be used...next i customized the subaru steering column so that the blinker and key switch could also be integrated...next i fabricated mounts for the radiator and a/c condenser....between the subaru parts and porsche parts there are really only two big thing remaining to buy which are axels and a subaru fuel pump...It also got $3000 paint job back in 2009 but at this point needs love again...it also has brand new tires.
mepstein
I did a quick search under your name and cars for sale and your previous post came up.

$15k is a lot for a non running project but it might help if you list what’s included, what was done and what you started out with. It might be worth double but we won’t know until you explain in more detail. GLWTS.
Chris914n6
Classified ads have a 30 day display limit. You will have to post to it to keep it active.

You might try the facebook subaru 914 conv group.
lastwolf69
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 16 2021, 12:16 PM) *

I did a quick search under your name and cars for sale and your previous post came up.

$15k is a lot for a non running project but it might help if you list what’s included, what was done and what you started out with. It might be worth double but we won’t know until you explain in more detail. GLWTS.

Okay to start it a very clean rust free 1974 914 1.8l from Arizona that I paid 8k for back in 2005 motor blew about 6 months later...did a rebuild (2013) and got some bad parts so that motor lasted about 500 miles...At this point I said it wrx time(2016)...spent $3,000 for a very low mileage JDM wrx half cut. purchased all the parts and shorten the Subaru trans so it can have an updated trans. Next i had to have the engine and transmission cradle custom made because by this point no one was selling them anymore (thousands of dollars in time and materials to get this perfect check my build thread)...next i took the subaru dash and cut it into pieces to make a custom fit hybrid dash so that the subaru gauges can be used...next i customized the subaru steering column so that the blinker and key switch could also be integrated...next i fabricated mounts for the radiator and a/c condenser....between the subaru parts and porsche parts there are really only two big thing remaining to buy which are axels and a subaru fuel pump...It also got $3000 paint job back in 2009 but at this point needs love again...it also has brand new tires.
lastwolf69
Btw when i say newer boxter I'm saying 2005 lol...ill entertain all trade offers just let me know what you have. Also if you want more details about the build feel free to PM me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.