Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission fittings/plugs for use with coolers??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Is there a standard AN fitting adapter that'll screw into the fill and drain openings of the transmission??

What are people using??

ArtechnikA
as AN fittings are ALWAYS English parallel threads and the standard fill and drain plugs are metric tapered pipe plugs, Question #1 would be a "no."

several people have reported drilling through the fill and drain plugs and welding/brazing/JB-gluing some kind of fitting.

i'd recommend using the 19mm ATF 911/914.6 plugs for this, rather than the 17mm Inhex (Allen) plugs that are standard in the 914.4

the fill plug is 999.064.019.02 and the drain plug (with magnet) is 999.064.020.02.
Mueller
Hi Rich, you must not have seen the word adapter in my question biggrin.gif smile.gif

Good idea on the 19mm external head...I'll look into it....thanks

joea9146
I have 2 Transmission plugs that will fit. They are Metric on one end
and 12an on the other side. I will sell them for what i paid. I never used them. I will cover the shipping if you are interested.
Mueller
you have a PM on it's way smash.gif
ArtechnikA
i expect Mike will jump on those, but if not, can i be next in line?

lacking that, where did you get them ?

Mike - you're right - i didn't see the adapter part...
john rogers
I made my suction fitting by drilling and pipe taping a regular drain plug and using the pipe to AN adapter. After I tightened the adapter I used some JB Weld just to make sure it held. So far in 4 races it has worked well. For the return we also used pipe to AN adapters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.