Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any 914 meet ups in VA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chesed-914
Hi, I really wanted to connect with 914 owners this year, only met one 3 years ago. Any small meet ups in VA this year?
VaccaRabite
I moved this to the Garage so you might actually get some responses. There are a bunch of owners in NOVA and we used to have an annual fall party.

Zach
flipb
There are a few 914s in Northern Virginia. It's pretty rare to see another one on the roads.

There are a few good Cars & Coffee events that happen around here on a regular basis. I might be up for a 914 takeover at an existing Cars & Coffee, followed by a cruise...
Gatornapper
I'D LOVE IT!

I and Rick B. here in central VA would come. This pic is at a recent Richmond C&C....

IPB Image

If a lot of you are in NOVA (poor souls) maybe we could meet halfway in Fredricksburg?

I'm definitely up for it!

GN

QUOTE(Chesed-914 @ Aug 17 2021, 08:59 AM) *

Hi, I really wanted to connect with 914 owners this year, only met one 3 years ago. Any small meet ups in VA this year?
Gatornapper
We have 15 acres in the woods west of Richmond with a nice field that could hold a couple dozen 914s and I'd be glad to host an event here.....

Who all could/would come?

GN

PS: It is also our gun range - so if we park the cars on one side, we could have some fun shooting too!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Chesed-914 @ Aug 17 2021, 10:59 AM) *

Drive down to east TN and meet up with several dozen 914 owners at Okteenerfest
Event is Sept 23-26 in Pigeon Forge. Registration is open through Aug. 22nd.

driving.gif
DC_neun_vierzehn
I'm in Alexandria, VA. I would be down to do a meet up locally.
TVRLOTUSTR3
I'm located @ route 81&64 east (Fishersville)
Gatornapper
Not far - about an hour away - couple decades ago I did work in Wilson Trucking's data center there......I'm just off Exit 175/288 where Rt. 6 crosses 288.

Hard to believe there's a 914 in Fishersville!

Let's do lunch in Charlottesville sometime!

GN

QUOTE(TVRLOTUSTR3 @ Aug 18 2021, 06:57 AM) *

I'm located @ route 81&64 east (Fishersville)

flipb
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Aug 17 2021, 12:01 PM) *

We have 15 acres in the woods west of Richmond with a nice field that could hold a couple dozen 914s and I'd be glad to host an event here.....

GN

PS: It is also our gun range - so if we park the cars on one side, we could have some fun shooting too!

With @chesed-914 in Norfolk, @TVRLOTUSTR3 to the West, and a number of us in NoVa, it seems like the Richmond area would be a great way to all meet up. My calendar is a little tough but I'd attend if I could make it work. Would also be good if I solve my current carburetor/idle challenges before that big of a drive...
anderssj

Should be back in Smithfield VA in October; I know of a few others in the local area (Rescue, Eclipse, Yorktown).
BeatNavy
I'm not in NoVA anymore. Richmond is now a little over three hours away (without traffic), tho.

Jon ( @lvnzdrm ) is near Williamsburg and John ( @wndsrfr ) is in Rescue (think that's who Steve's referring to).
Gatornapper
Steve -

If you'll be back by Oct. 16th, maybe we can make that a tentative date for meeting here? Farther out than I was hoping for - but hey, such is life.

Guys?

GN

QUOTE(anderssj @ Aug 18 2021, 12:18 PM) *

Should be back in Smithfield VA in October; I know of a few others in the local area (Rescue, Eclipse, Yorktown).

Gatornapper
Flip -

What carbs are you running? What engine mods?

I have a full shop here and maybe the 914 "Brain Trust" can help with your carbs when you get here. But really don't want to spend our time in the shop - and it's always a mess with 50 projects going on.....not a showplace.....

PM me and we can talk jets and such......

GN

QUOTE(flipb @ Aug 18 2021, 10:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Aug 17 2021, 12:01 PM) *

GN

With @chesed-914 in Norfolk, @TVRLOTUSTR3 to the West, and a number of us in NoVa, it seems like the Richmond area would be a great way to all meet up. My calendar is a little tough but I'd attend if I could make it work. Would also be good if I solve my current carburetor/idle challenges before that big of a drive...

jaredmcginness
I am near Baltimore (with this turd that's only ever sort of been on the road 10ish times.)

I would be down for a meet this autumn. I grew up in Fairfax!

IPB Image
PaulFV8
I would attend something in the NOVA area, I live in Herndon. My tub is a year away from running but I would appreciate the opportunity to sit in a running car lol
lvnzdrm
I could do something depending on the date, heading To Okteenerfest in September.. it would be nice to have a community of guys close by. 20 minutes from Richmond 2 hours from NOVA
mdelwiche
I’m moving out to VA early next year! Looking forward to meeting some new folks!Click to view attachment
TonyA
Shooting and 914's count me in. Would need to secure fire arms in a secured container while passing through Maryland and Delaware. Just say when!!!
VaccaRabite
Between work, Scouts, Cub Scouts my calendar is usually a disaster especially in the fall. But I'd be interested in a Richmond area event if I could get it to work.

Zach
Gatornapper
Waiting to hear from anderssj on when he'll be back in area - sometime in Oct. - so thinking of mid-Oct. if Steve is back then.

GN
rfinegan
@VaccaRabite
Scouts and Cub Scouts! We have 8 years of Pine wood derby races (24 cars). We LOVE Scouts here...but the boys are all 21 + now

-Robert
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rfinegan @ Aug 31 2021, 10:19 AM) *

@VaccaRabite
Scouts and Cub Scouts! We have 8 years of Pine wood derby races (24 cars). We LOVE Scouts here...but the boys are all 21 + now

-Robert

Yup. I'm active in the troop and the pack. Asst. Scoutmaster in the Troop and Den Leader for my youngest's Webelo den. In the process of working on my Wood Badge now.

I can't do car events like I used to, but I enjoy the Scouting life too. A good thing as I have another 9 years of it in my future. Lol.

Zach
GeorgeM
I'm in Va Beach. Just picked up a '76 this past weekend... it's still in my trailer.

I'd be up for a gathering.
anderssj
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Aug 31 2021, 09:56 AM) *

Waiting to hear from anderssj on when he'll be back in area - sometime in Oct. - so thinking of mid-Oct. if Steve is back then.

GN

Hope to be back in time for your get together on the 16th--will definitely be there by the 23rd.

driving.gif

Thanks for thinking of me!

Steve A-
BENBRO02
I’m in Nokesville (near Manassas) and I’m always looking to get together with other 914 owners for a gathering and a spirited drive. I’ve driven to Werks Reunion on Amelia Island, Carlisle, and the Northeast 914 Gathering this year already. I’m heading to Okteenerfest later this month too. driving.gif I’m not going to die wishing I had driven it more. Sometimes I go to South Riding cars and coffee on Sunday mornings.Click to view attachment
emerygt350
I need to visit old friends in nova. I would be very tempted to come down to va in October...
Gatornapper
What a great pic! Love it! Looks like a covered bridge I know of just west of Farmville, VA........

Now - trying to figure out that front bumper on the red one......

GN

QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Sep 2 2021, 04:54 PM) *

I’m in Nokesville (near Manassas) and I’m always looking to get together with other 914 owners for a gathering and a spirited drive. I’ve driven to Werks Reunion on Amelia Island, Carlisle, and the Northeast 914 Gathering this year already. I’m heading to Okteenerfest later this month too. driving.gif I’m not going to die wishing I had driven it more. Sometimes I go to South Riding cars and coffee on Sunday mornings.Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Hmmm, where is the covered bridge near Farmville...I didn't know of any.
BeatNavy
That pic was taken at the NE gathering during out drive. It's somewhere near NY/PA line. I don't know exactly where we were. I just follow the guy in front of me smile.gif

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 3 2021, 12:11 PM) *

Hmmm, where is the covered bridge near Farmville...I didn't know of any.

What were you doing down at Longwood, Mr. JMU?
flipb
One of y’all show your 914 at a show in Alexandria yesterday?

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.