Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Al Reed Retiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beach914
Found out from a friend today and found the post on the bird in the 911 parts section.

Wow.
Sea Rooster
Wow... he did my Fuchs around a year ago...and they are amazing. I had a question about cleaning them and called the business. The lady that answered (his wife?) couldn't answer my question and gave me his cell number.

I called the number and two rings later Al the Man was on the other end. Remembered the rims and walked me through the cleaning process, very simple, soap and water. Told me to call if I had any other questions.

I haven't had to call him again but it was awesome talking to a legend!
Freezin 914
I do not know Al. But I do know his reputation. I am happy for him to go into the next chapter. But as for all of us , I am saddened by the news. Another one of the greats will be NLA. Our circle of trusted knowledgeable people seems to get just a little smaller every year.
As always, I am very thankful for this forum and it’s members. I would be lost without this place.
So to all of you, a thank you!
To Al, congratulations! And a great big thank you for what you have done for the Porsche community! CheeRS!
Jett
I spoke with Al last month and he did not mention anything. We had a set of burners restored and like always, they were perfect… even thru in a set of period correct center caps smile.gif

Although I am happy for Al, we do have one set left to restore sad.gif
Justinp71
I wish Al all the best. I know he has done real good work.

For anyone looking to get wheels done I've used this guy with good results, just because he had quicker turn around time a couple years ago Al was very backed up on orders-

https://www.fuchsrestoration.com/

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.