Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2.0 rebuilt engine with zero miles, stainless steel heat exchangers, flywheel, Sachs clutch nd Bursch muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dherr
I got a bunch of new or rebuilt parts with a 914 I picked up that I am selling to fund a 914-6 conversion. GEX rebuilt 2.1 engine with many performance upgrades including 96mm pistons, counter weighted crank, align bored and port and polish. Zero miles on the engine. Long block with distributor $2,000. Dellorto DLRA 36 carbs with manifolds, linkages $450, New Stainless steel heat exchangers $750, Bursch muffler $250

Picture of engine below, has old plugs in it and some parts bolted on that have not been cleaned up, but can send detail pictures of the engine, just let me know what you want to see.

IPB Image

Best way to contact is to text: 240 - eight 0 five - three 1 six five
GBX0073
interested in the bursch can you add some more photos
dherr
QUOTE(GBX0073 @ Aug 18 2021, 02:50 AM) *

interested in the bursch can you add some more photos

Yes, will post pictures of everything today
nditiz1
Where in MD are you?
kkid
I will take the new heat exchanges if they are 2.0.
dherr
Pictures and more details. Engine was a performance build by GEX but never installed and sitting for many years. I would go through it completely to make sure it is good to go, but this is an opportunity to get a nice engine with some good performance upgrades for 1/2 price of a new one if you are willing to check everything and clean it up. Picture below of the head with the valve cover off.

IPB Image

Bursch Exhaust System

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Stainless steel heat exchangers - I have two sets, just cleaned up the "used" set, but both are decent. The newer set is not new, but appear to have been lightly used or perhaps bolted on the car but never really driven on.

Heat Exchangers newer set $750
IPB Image
IPB Image

Heat exchangers - used set $650
IPB Image
IPB Image

All this stuff will end up on Ebay by the weekend, but thought I would offer it here first.
dherr
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 18 2021, 08:11 AM) *

Where in MD are you?

Adamstown, just south of Frederick
dherr
QUOTE(kkid @ Aug 18 2021, 08:41 AM) *

Check out the pictures as I have two sets, the "new" one is not new but lightly used, the second set I had to clean up, but are still in very good condition. Let me know if either set will work for you.
Literati914
Heat Exchangers appear to be 1.7/1.8 units rather than 2.0

dherr
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Aug 18 2021, 10:37 AM) *

Heat Exchangers appear to be 1.7/1.8 units rather than 2.0

They fit on my 2.0 engine, how can I confirm they are correct for a 2.0? Car is in pieces so I don't know exactly what I got.
IPB Image
IPB Image
GBX0073
I would like to purchase the bursch smile.gif
Will send a PM
nditiz1
Ok im not far from you in Mount Airy.

Anyway the 1.7/1.8 can be used on a 2.0 with changing the hanger bracket I believe.
dherr
Bursch muffer is sold.
Literati914
You can see the ‘kick up’ of the heat exchanger pipes towards the rear of them…so that tells you it’s not for a 2.0L, which have straighter more level pipes. Yes they will fit a 2.0L engine but you’ll need a 1.7/1.8 muffler bracket and 1.7/1.8 muffler. Which begs the question… was the Bursch a 1.7/1.8 or 2.0L unit ?

dherr
Flywheel, Sachs Clutch cover and Clutch disk for a 2.0. Brand new, old stock, still in the original boxes. Flywheel is covered in cosmoline to protect it, clutch cover had some minor surface rust from sitting in the box, but all are brand new and 1/2 the normal price. $350 for the set.

IPB Image
IPB Image
dherr
Engine and carbs are sold (pending sale)
kkid
QUOTE(kkid @ Aug 18 2021, 05:41 AM) *

I am looking for a set of 2.0 so will pass these.
dherr
QUOTE(kkid @ Aug 18 2021, 10:47 PM) *

QUOTE(kkid @ Aug 18 2021, 05:41 AM) *

I am looking for a set of 2.0 so will pass these.

No worries, these will go on Ebay over the weekend, but wanted to offer them here first. They fit my 2.0 so did not know the difference.
wantitfast
Interested in the heat exchangers, total shipped to GA 30566
dherr
QUOTE(wantitfast @ Aug 19 2021, 04:33 PM) *

Interested in the heat exchangers, total shipped to GA 30566

Just sent you a PM
dherr
Flywheel, clutch set and the used set of heat exchanger are sold, so only thing left is the newer set of heat exchangers.
dherr
So the Bursch muffler is for a 1.7, not a 2.0. Same for the remaining set of heat exchangers. Both are still available $250 for the exhaust, $750 for the heat exchangers

IPB Image
IPB Image
GBX0073
Confirmed / Verified 1.7-1.8 Exhaust
dherr
Engine is still for sale, the previous buyer backed out. I know that GEX does not have the best reputation, but this engine has all the upgrades including align boring the case, the counter weighted crank, larger pistons and balancing. I priced it at 2K because it has been sitting and is beyond the warranty period. But at less than 1/2 the price of a rebuilt 2.0, I would take it apart, inspect everything and reassemble to be sure you have a good engine. If it does not sell, I'll do exactly that, have a reputable machine shop check the crank and heads and then sell if for a whole lot more.

Carbs are sold.
dherr
The 2.0 rebuilt engine and last set of heat exchangers are going up on Ebay today. The carbs, exhaust, and one set of exchangers are sold.

This engine is a great opportunity to save some money in exchange for a little bit of work, strip down and inspection and a new gasket set and you will have a great 2.0 for less than 1/2 the price of getting one built now.
NARP74
Got a shipping estimate to 80126 for the engine?
dherr
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 30 2021, 12:59 PM) *

Got a shipping estimate to 80126 for the engine?

I do not have it bolted to a pallet yet, but I can tell you that the 911 engine that I am having shipped to me for my 914-6 conversion was $475 shipped from Nebraska to Maryland, so I would expect shipping this to Colorado would be similar.
dherr
Up on Ebay now
2.0 engine on Ebay
joeandkath@verizon.net
If the engine is still available , with carbs and manifolds,
I have an interest
dherr
QUOTE(joeandkath@verizon.net @ Aug 31 2021, 09:41 AM) *

If the engine is still available , with carbs and manifolds,
I have an interest

Engine is available, but carbs and manifolds are sold.
jesiv
Sorry if I am being redundant but has the engine ever been started?

Cheers
James
dherr
QUOTE(jesiv @ Sep 4 2021, 08:06 PM) *

Sorry if I am being redundant but has the engine ever been started?

Cheers
James

The builder's site says they do hot run test the engines, but it has not been run since it was shipped.
dherr
Engine still for sale, but up on Ebay now, sold the last set of heat exchangers.
dherr
Everything sold now
GBX0073

Congrats Looking forward to Updates on the 6 Build

QUOTE(dherr @ Sep 10 2021, 07:06 AM) *

Everything sold now

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.