Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with hose routing...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sea Rooster
Someone got creative with a hose in my car and I need some assistance.

- Where does the hose capped off with the bolt go to?
- Is it affecting the cars performance as it is now?

The diagram I'm using shows the hose going to a spot labeled OEL.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks in advance!
emerygt350
It all depends on where that hose under your arrow is going. If that is going to your pcv valve next to the oil filler, that means they are trying to do passive pcv rather than the original vacuum drawn true pcv.

The hose coming off your decel valve (steel tube middle bottom with three hoses) should probably go where that hose that is capped is at. On a 73 the pcv should route to the port just up from the plugged hose. But you could use that plugged hose as the pcv. I suspect the decel is on that port to the north anyway. I suspect that is the correct routing. That t is shared by pcv and the decel, and the port north is the other decel hose. That would make the pcv diameter equal on both ends.

That closest port on your air cleaner is used for gas evap on my car. Next is aux air (like yours). Then the one furthest back on that side is pcv in (goes to the back fire preventer and cylinder heads).
JeffBowlsby
That should connect to the PCV on your oil filler tower.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.