Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal Body Shop Recommendations?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CoronaMike
So I was at a left turn light when the dude in front of me in the big truck decided to put it in reverse. mad.gif

The damage wasn't TOO bad - but you know how these things can add up.

I'm not sure if I should try to get a whole new bumper out of the deal. By the time they pull the dent and re-powder coat, possibly replace the 'tit' - it might be comparable to find a nice straight new one.

I'm really hoping the hood didn't bend - but the headlight area has me a little worried. All the other lines around the hood look fine though - but I can't pop the hood.

ANYWAY -

The guy's insurance company suggested a place near by - but since it's not a 2011 honda (or something as such) they won't work on it. The insurance company said I can look around for my own body shop - so - I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions?

Maybe in the Orange County / Riverside area? Thanks everyone!

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Wow! Good you are okay! It looks like a minor dent and hoping just the bumper. I’m sure local shops can fix that except you might need to replace the bumper top.
jim_hoyland
I’ve used Art’s Place in Costa Mesa, reliable and has done 914 work before. It will be done right, on time, and you’ll be a happy camper.
I would recommend visiting his shop and see if your comfortable with Art.
Good Luck !
Cairo94507
Sorry about the damage to your baby. Glad it was a minor hit. Please select your own shop based up personal recommendations. The insurance companies always steer you to shop with which they have contracts to limit their costs and not necessarily provide the best repair. beerchug.gif
CoronaMike
Thanks guys! beerchug.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(CoronaMike @ Aug 18 2021, 04:50 PM) *

@CoronaMike

World Class restorations in Riverside is pretty good.
Another nember used them with goid results.
Finding a good front bumper is hard.
I have some NOS tits.
Look over the car really well all around.
Even in the rear trunk for changed gaps

If you remove the four bolts that hold on the front bumper there is a hole that can be used to trip the front latch.
If you need help let me know.
windforfun
Dumb question, but does the headlight still open & light up?
914Toy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 18 2021, 04:03 PM) *

I’ve used Art’s Place in Costa Mesa, reliable and has done 914 work before. It will be done right, on time, and you’ll be a happy camper.
I would recommend visiting his shop and see if your comfortable with Art.
Good Luck !

I agree with Jim, having used Art’s shop before.
Robarabian
The best in the business. Hands down... does all the show cars for Pure Vision and other SEMA winners.

In Pomona,

https://www.mickspaint.com

Insurance may crap themselves at the cost, but he knows what to do to repair your car.
infraredcalvin
http://www.imperialautobody.com/

Ask for Tony Sr. Good guy, did the rear of my 71 914 track car when I was rear ended….
CoronaMike
Thanks everyone! That's a huge help!
ValcoOscar
Mike-

I'm willing to assist in salvaging the bumper.
Doesn't look too bad.

LMK

Oscar

Steve
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Aug 18 2021, 09:03 PM) *

http://www.imperialautobody.com/

Ask for Tony Sr. Good guy, did the rear of my 71 914 track car when I was rear ended….

agree.gif
He also did my Alaska Blue Metallic paint job. Only downside is there known for low balling estimates. I was quoted 6-8k and it cost $16k, which is what Arts Place quoted me.
Cairo94507
Wow Steve- Your paint looks very good. But that is not low-balling, that's almost bait and switch. I can see them missing the mark by a few thousand dollars but 50%?
913B
Man that sucks, hope your car gets fixed right.

Best!
Steve
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 19 2021, 03:21 PM) *

Wow Steve- Your paint looks very good. But that is not low-balling, that's almost bait and switch. I can see them missing the mark by a few thousand dollars but 50%?

They took it to bare metal, fixed everything and then did a two stage paint job. They did a nice job, but you are right "bate and switch". I checked out the reviews later and noticed they did this a lot and would put lien's against the car if you didn't pay up. Art's place quoted me $14k-16k right off the bat.
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 19 2021, 04:20 PM) *

They took it to bare metal, fixed everything and then did a two stage paint job. They did a nice job, but you are right "bate and switch". I checked out the reviews later and noticed they did this a lot and would put lien's against the car if you didn't pay up. Art's place quoted me $14k-16k right off the bat.

Wow! Not the experience I had, although I’ve seen your car in person, that is not a 6-8k paint job.
914_7T3
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 18 2021, 05:55 PM) *

QUOTE(CoronaMike @ Aug 18 2021, 04:50 PM) *

@CoronaMike

World Class restorations in Riverside is pretty good.
Another nember used them with goid results.
Finding a good front bumper is hard.
I have some NOS tits.
Look over the car really well all around.
Even in the rear trunk for changed gaps

If you remove the four bolts that hold on the front bumper there is a hole that can be used to trip the front latch.
If you need help let me know.

@CoronaMike

Sorry about your car. Reegan at World Class Restoration is as honest as the day is long. The price quoted is the price you pay. Great value for the money!

As for quality....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
@914_7T3 Love Marathon Blue and that is the way you want to see the work done. Great looking car. beerchug.gif
Steve
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Aug 19 2021, 06:28 PM) *

Wow! Not the experience I had, although I’ve seen your car in person, that is not a 6-8k paint job.

agree.gif
I am happy with the work and the price is correct for a two stage paint job, rust repair, etc. Even though Art quoted me $14-16k, who knows what he would have charged after getting into it. I would get weekly calls from Imperial, saying this is a mess and will cost this much more. All was legit. My car had 1/8” thick paint and bondo in multiple spots as well as rust issues.
Montreal914
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 20 2021, 08:13 AM) *

agree.gif
I am happy with the work and the price is correct for a two stage paint job, rust repair, etc. Even though Art quoted me $14-16k, who knows what he would have charged after getting into it. I would get weekly calls from Imperial, saying this is a mess and will cost this much more. All was legit. My car had 1/8” thick paint and bondo in multiple spots as well as rust issues.

Steve, was this a paint job of the shell, or did they do trunks and door jambs? Was the car delivered to them as a roller or did they disassemble and reassemble all lights, seals, trims, etc? Thanks. beerchug.gif
Steve
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Aug 20 2021, 08:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 20 2021, 08:13 AM) *

agree.gif

Steve, was this a paint job of the shell, or did they do trunks and door jambs? Was the car delivered to them as a roller or did they disassemble and reassemble all lights, seals, trims, etc? Thanks. beerchug.gif

I drove the car in minus the bumpers and rockers. I also brought in another set of doors, because mine had big holes from the 911 flag mirrors and other damage. They also replaced the windshield. So…. The rear trunk was painted, door jams, windshield surround, etc. my mistake was not masking off the wires and they painted over them in the trunks. Otherwise they did a good job painting what they could in the front trunk and engine compartment. My attitude is I can do the rest some day with a spray can. I liked the previous diamond silver metallic, but I always wanted a blue 914. Perfect time to do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.