Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 drive flanges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
PO autox-ed the car. No, he flogged it. When I bought the car the entire underside of the car from front to back was cone-dented. Both valences were missing. Decos were trashed. Huge brakes up front. Now that the car has been restored, I have noticed huge rear studs. I installed some refinished 15 x 6 fuchs and the studs are sticking waaay out.
So far that I cannot use std lug nuts. How much rear camber can you achieve and without flares, how big a spacer can you run with the 15 x 6 fuchs? I am guessing from the length of the studs a 1/2" spacer and lots of negative camber would be required to use std lug nuts. I am resisting replacing the studs back to stock unless I have no choice.
I guess I am also curious...why someone would run these long studs?
rgalla9146

Can't do too much with long studs if you have stock rear fenders.
mepstein
Just use open nuts.
Luke M
QUOTE(Speedo @ Aug 19 2021, 05:23 PM) *

PO autox-ed the car. No, he flogged it. When I bought the car the entire underside of the car from front to back was cone-dented. Both valences were missing. Decos were trashed. Huge brakes up front. Now that the car has been restored, I have noticed huge rear studs. I installed some refinished 15 x 6 fuchs and the studs are sticking waaay out.
So far that I cannot use std lug nuts. How much rear camber can you achieve and without flares, how big a spacer can you run with the 15 x 6 fuchs? I am guessing from the length of the studs a 1/2" spacer and lots of negative camber would be required to use std lug nuts. I am resisting replacing the studs back to stock unless I have no choice.
I guess I am also curious...why someone would run these long studs?

The last tech inspection I went to required the stud to be 1/2'' out of the lug nuts.
That was for any autox or track events. You would need to contact your local tech inspector and see what they have to say. If you're not going to track the car then swap the longer studs out for some that will fit your wheels/spacer combo.
Keep up the great work.. beerchug.gif
bdstone914
@speedo
Is the problem that the long studs are not fully threaded? If so change them out to 45mm long studs and no spacer is required. I assume this car does not have flared fenders?
mepstein
Lars - I have a bunch of regular length studs if you need them. Just text ir email. Mark
Speedo
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 20 2021, 05:17 AM) *

@speedo
Is the problem that the long studs are not fully threaded? If so change them out to 45mm long studs and no spacer is required. I assume this car does not have flared fenders?

This car is not flared. Studs look awkward compared to my front studs that accept a std lug nut. It would look funny to have different lugs on front vs rear.
Here are the rear...
Speedo
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 20 2021, 06:01 AM) *

Lars - I have a bunch of regular length studs if you need them. Just text ir email. Mark

Thanks Mark...may take you up on those. Here is the front, traditional...
mepstein
QUOTE(Speedo @ Aug 20 2021, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 20 2021, 06:01 AM) *

Thanks Mark...may take you up on those. Here is the front, traditional...

Just send me your address and I’ll drop them in the mail
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.