Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front valance fitment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Will a front valance off of a 1974, fit on a 1975?
mmichalik
I have both and I don't think they will. I can take pictures tomorrow so you can see but from what I remember, they are different.
JamesM
QUOTE(partwerks @ Aug 19 2021, 04:27 PM) *

If you are backdating the bumper it should work just fine.

If you are running the 75 bumper I believe you may have some issues, its been years since I had a 75 bumper off a car though so i may be wrong. Chassis underneath the bumpers are for the most part the same though once the 75 bumper shocks are removed.
mmichalik
QUOTE(JamesM @ Aug 19 2021, 11:05 PM) *

If you are running the 75 bumper I believe you may have some issues, its been years since I had a 75 bumper off a car though so i may be wrong. Chassis underneath the bumpers are for the most part the same though once the 75 bumper shocks are removed though.

Ah, good catch @JamesM that would explain the difference I see between my two cars. I wasn't taking the bumper difference into consideration (it was late)
@partwerks , I can still send pictures if you're interested.
partwerks
I asked the question of a gentleman that has worked on them for years, and he said:

absolutely yes. all years including 914/6
partwerks
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Aug 20 2021, 06:50 AM) *

If you are running the 75 bumper I believe you may have some issues, its been years since I had a 75 bumper off a car though so i may be wrong. Chassis underneath the bumpers are for the most part the same though once the 75 bumper shocks are removed though.

Ah, good catch @JamesM that would explain the difference I see between my two cars. I wasn't taking the bumper difference into consideration (it was late)

Some pictures would be nice.
mmichalik
QUOTE(partwerks @ Aug 20 2021, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(mmichalik @ Aug 20 2021, 06:50 AM) *

Some pictures would be nice.

I'll send them along. Got busy today with work.....
mmichalik
Here's the 75
mmichalik
Valance side shot of the 75. You'll have to zoom in on the valance here
mmichalik
And here's the 74. Zoom in here as well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.