Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 15" Riviera
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stef914
I did my research but I'm struggleing to find answers so I'd like to post it here.

This car I'm looking at it has got riviera 15" and brand new tire which I do not know the size.
Owner says they don't rub and tire don't show wear or tears, but car hasn't been driven much.

Pls see attached photo, the gab is almost non existent .
Ideas ? Fixes ? Suggestions ?

Thanks !Click to view attachment
JamesM
What size tire are you running?

All rivieras I have seen have the wrong (VW)offset to run a wide tire on a 914 and will rub on the outside with anything much larger than a stock 165 tire.

fixes? Run a skinny tire or get new wheels.

Ghetto fix: you may be able to pull any alignment shims out of the rear to run maximum camber to get a little more clearance up top, but then someone might think you are trying to get in with the "Stance" scene so i highly recommend against that one.

Andyrew
Vw offset rivieras vs the 914 offset. You cant put much more than 185s on those without rolled fenders.
Stef914
Thanks James,

I don't know the tire size as the vehicle is not mine and I can't check right now.

The tires are brand new and I'm trying to figure it out if this potential rubbing is going to damage the body panels or if I can live them until they need to be replaced ... This way I can save some $$

Thanks for your help

PS I don't understand what the 'Ghetto Fix' is but it sounds like you are not advising it either ...
mepstein
Rubbing will burn the paint on the exterior of the panel. Not good.
It can also slice the tire if the edge of the fender rubs.
Andyrew
Are you buying the car? the tires/wheels? Whats the backstory here? We can advise from there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.