Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orange hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrholland2
Okay, not that I'm going to purchase from this place, but what on earth are the orange hoses running under the length of this 75 for?

rjames
Was this car in another thread? I thought I remembered someone posting a car with mismatched (late and early) gauges like this one has.
Also, what's up with those chrome fender liners? Never seen those before.

Nice paint job on the engine bay firewall pad. Vacuum hoses missing and routed incorrectly. Can't imagine it would even run as is.

Looks like the orange hose is routed to the charcoal canister up front. A 1/2 baked attempt at re-installing the emissions control stuff?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
total mis match of parts, probably brought it in to california, someone said you need a charcoal cannister installed so they mounted it in the old early 74 position rather than in the engine compartment next to the battery. Car has a early 73 2.0 air filter and those painted over door catches, so probably not a very nice car

QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Aug 20 2021, 09:17 AM) *

Okay, not that I'm going to purchase from this place, but what on earth are the orange hoses running under the length of this 75 for?

mrholland2
So the answer is a garbage job of "emissions" with the charcoal canister.

rjames
edit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.