Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Right after I purchased my spray gun years back they came out with the throw away plastic paint bag style guns. headbang.gif For me, the worst part of painting is the clean up. https://www.harborfreight.com/universal-pai...rop-prospects-1
doug_b_928
Looks a lot like the PPS 1.0. It saves cleaning out the cup (not a big deal as far as I'm concerned because I don't prime/paint that often) but, for me, the real advantage is the ability to spray inverted. I got tired of trying to slosh primer from the cup into the gun, giving me a 2 second burst of product, then repeating over and over again trying to get primer into areas above the gun. So, just recently, I purchased the PPS 2.0. I've only used it once so far but it's worlds better for spraying in the aforementioned conditions.
Andyrew
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Aug 20 2021, 02:35 PM) *

Looks a lot like the PPS 1.0. It saves cleaning out the cup (not a big deal as far as I'm concerned because I don't prime/paint that often) but, for me, the real advantage is the ability to spray inverted. I got tired of trying to slosh primer from the cup into the gun, giving me a 2 second burst of product, then repeating over and over again trying to get primer into areas above the gun. So, just recently, I purchased the PPS 2.0. I've only used it once so far but it's worlds better for spraying in the aforementioned conditions.

This.

For a 914 owner spraying under the targa bar would be way easier with this.

I would try it 100% especially for that price. Heck I may get it to throw in my paint tote with my guns.
Cairo94507
I painted my first 914 with a Binks gun- a nice gun from my cousin's body shop. That was in around 1975..... yeah a while ago. But I can still recall contorting my body to spray inside the targa bar and then the bottom of the top of the targa bar. I remember lightly sanding it between coats to make sure I had enough good paint to be able to color sand and polish. The car came out beautiful and looked straight as an arrow. I see these newer guns you can hold upside down and spray perfectly....yeah that would have been the ticket for sure. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.