Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rising Tide Lifts All ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I wonder if that 2nd 914 is Tinkergineering's project. Haven't heard anything out of them for awhile. The '70 model has side vents?????
windforfun
The car's a classic with truly innovative engineering. Either that, or the world is coming to an end.

idea.gif
JamesM
We have come a long ways from the old days when I bought drivable cars <$1000
Andyrew
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 20 2021, 01:51 PM) *

I wonder if that 2nd 914 is Tinkergineering's project. Haven't heard anything out of them for awhile. The '70 model has side vents?????

Isnt hers red?

That yellow one, I cant believe theres only one bid at 1k and it has those big dollar electric components?

Thats a bargain and a half if it sells anywhere near that..
sixnotfour
I sold 3 rollers in one day word of mouth...
jrmdir
I rest my case!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324766121407?hash=...DAAAOSwZExghwwj

Each photo is worse than the one before!

From a fairly well-known dealer none the less. (BHCC must have rejected it) biggrin.gif

Ron
KELTY360
QUOTE(jrmdir @ Aug 26 2021, 09:02 AM) *

I rest my case!

From a fairly well-known dealer none the less. (BHCC must have rejected it) biggrin.gif

Ron

Well, it didn’t fold up on the lift. Must be solid, right?
fixer34
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 20 2021, 05:22 PM) *

Isnt hers red?

That yellow one, I cant believe theres only one bid at 1k and it has those big dollar electric components?

Yep, I think TK's car is red, and in a lot better shape. It sold for $1125 so she (or her Dad) may have grabbed it for the motor & controller at a steal of a price.
bkrantz
QUOTE(jrmdir @ Aug 26 2021, 10:02 AM) *

I rest my case!

Ron

Maybe listed on a dare.
PlaysWithCars
Speaking of BHCC: Original 914-6
I'm not sure there is enough solid metal left to hold the VIN tag, but it can be yours for $35k. But check out the creative exhaust manifolds. Rusty heat exchangers? No, problem, replace them with these light weight, high performance log style manifolds.
rhodyguy
The foil tape along the bottom of the windshield is a nice touch.
windforfun
That's so sad. Somebody in the family went MIA. What's the engine worth?

huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif
Dave_Darling
The '70 model has side vents?????

I don't see what you're talking about in that second listing, but no 914 had side vents.

QUOTE(PlaysWithCars @ Aug 26 2021, 08:52 PM) *

Speaking of BHCC: .... But check out the creative exhaust manifolds. Rusty heat exchangers? No, problem, replace them with these light weight, high performance log style manifolds.

They look like the 75-77 "Thermal Reactors". Wonder if this could have an engine swap with the not-well-thought-of 2.7 engine?

--DD
Andyrew
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Aug 26 2021, 06:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 20 2021, 05:22 PM) *

Isnt hers red?

Yep, I think TK's car is red, and in a lot better shape. It sold for $1125 so she (or her Dad) may have grabbed it for the motor & controller at a steal of a price.

Damn.. major steal....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.