Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: >> SOLD << Custom 6.5" Footwell Speaker Enclosures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jrmdir
The prior owner of my '73 was way more into audio than I am. Spent $1.5K+ on amp, head unit, speakers and these custom enclosures. Didn't spend enough on keeping the car running however and had to park it only weeks after installing these:)

I don't know if these are available anywhere else or were made by his audio shop. If anyone knows, please advise.

Asking $150 for the pair plus shipping (PayPal)

Also will be listing a pair of super nice Focal PC-165 speakers with built-in tweeter and crossover on eBay. Let me know if interested.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
burton73
very, very nice. I am set but these are nice.

Bob B
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(jrmdir @ Aug 22 2021, 02:20 PM) *

The prior owner of my '73 was way more into audio than I am. Spent $1.5K+ on amp, head unit, speakers and these custom enclosures. Didn't spend enough on keeping the car running however and had to park it only weeks after installing these:)

I don't know if these are available anywhere else or were made by his audio shop. If anyone knows, please advise.

Asking $150 for the pair plus shipping (PayPal)

Also will be listing a pair of super nice Focal PC-165 speakers with built-in tweeter and crossover on eBay. Let me know if interested.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

How do they sound? Are they closed/sealed enough to produce low end sound? If so, I’ll take them.
Montreal914
Very clean integration sunglasses.gif

GLWTS
jrmdir

[/quote]

How do they sound? Are they closed/sealed enough to produce low end sound? If so, I’ll take them.
[/quote]

No, not sealed but fit pretty snug against the walls, floors and somewhat at the top.

I'm not an expert but the bass sounds awesome to me. Driving some really substantial speakers with an external amp - no buzzing or fluttering at full volume.

I'll answer the PM's shortly.

Thanks,

Ron
Shivers
I can not see in the pic if you still end up with a dead pedal?
mgp4591
If you install some fiberfill in the sides of the enclosure and make sure that none of it touches the cone, the bass should hit harder with more definition. Especially around the top where you have open airspace.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.