Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The "Spotted" Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GregAmy
I didn't want to start a unique one just for this spotting...

Medium green (Ravena?) 2L in Vineland NJ, Rt 54 @ Rt 40. I was behind you in a Golf GTI on my way to NJMP (Coming from CT, I cut down rt 73/54 to avoid the 295/47/55 schmozzle). Tried to catch up to give a wave but you banged a left on 40 and I was going straight...

Ironically, I was *this* close to road-tripping down there in my '74 2L but then I saw the weather coming and bailed into the GTI. Maybe next time...
abes914
Spotted this in Long Beach CA. Car have Washington plates. Anyone here?

Click to view attachment
emerygt350
Watkins Glen today, spotted by my friend Gary...Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

And I spotted this in a barn but it doesn't really count on a couple of levels...

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
Respectfully, I think the individual ‘spotted’ threads call more attention to the cars and increases possible response from the owners.
jim_hoyland
Spotted Saturday at PCA Gran Prix monthly meet at Glory Days in Seal Beach, CA
Already in VIN database
emerygt350
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 14 2021, 04:25 PM) *

Spotted Saturday at PCA Gran Prix monthly meet at Glory Days in Seal Beach, CA
Already in VIN database

Nice plates...
mbseto
Sunday, spotted a guy north of Cincinnati, Montgomery Rd. (Rt.3/22) crossing the bridge over the Little Miami. Dark, maybe black car, bike mounted on the back. Anyone here?
Cairo94507
Really nice black six. beerchug.gif
GregAmy
NY/NJ, watch for a Bahia Red with Fuchs passing through.

I'm heading out today for NJMP for the weekend, and it's such a nice weekend that I'm going to throw some dice at the Fates and drive the 914 instead of the "plush" Mk5 GTI...

So watch this space for a "halp!" if the Fates strike me down. wink.gif
bbrock
On Saturday my wife was running errands in Bozeman and spotted a silver one. Turns out it was me biggrin.gif Does that count?

FWIW, she said the driver was really sexy lol-2.gif
GregAmy
All safe, 10-hour round-trip.

My only notable encounter was a guy rolling up on me with a new 911 GT3 RS...man, is that thing a beast. His gorgeous right seat passenger was singulary unimpressed with my car but the driver either wanted to play with me on the road or just show off...I just chuckled and waved.

I do have a strange scraping/jingling noise, frequency dependant on RPM, pretty sure it's coming from the fan housing. Started in the final couple of hours of the drive home and is very evident with the engine idling. ~3000 miles on a new rebuild. I'll need to pull the fan, see what's going on...no power or oil pressure/temp probs.

Otherwise, it was a nice trip! Smooooooth running engine and I got tons of thumbs up and waves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.