Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who makes custom length throttle cables?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PatrickB
Hopefully in Canada? Running into a problem, see the diesel build thread.
bbrock
Terry Cable will make them to specified length if you call them.
PatrickB
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 23 2021, 05:13 PM) *

Terry Cable will make them to specified length if you call them.

Where is Terry Cable? And how do I get in touch with them?
Thanks!
bbrock
Google is your friend
http://www.terrycable.com/
Maltese Falcon
Controlcables.com ask for Greg.
In Santa Fe Springs, California
They build any type of cable...just give them the specs.
Marty
76-914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 24 2021, 11:24 AM) *

Marty

I've ordered custom shifter cables form them but did not know they'd make accelerator cables. They're great guys.
EDIT: I wonder if they'd do clutch and speedo cables for the 914 also. There have been lots of complaints about what is currently available.
r_towle
A high end bicycle shop, seriously.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 24 2021, 05:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 24 2021, 11:24 AM) *

Marty

I've ordered custom shifter cables form them but did not know they'd make accelerator cables. They're great guys.
EDIT: I wonder if they'd do clutch and speedo cables for the 914 also. There have been lots of complaints about what is currently available.

When I was over at their shop, they have every size /shape of push, pull, stranded, ball end, barrel end, accelerater, park brake, choke, etc.
My SQS sequential shifter came from Czech Republic with a Too-short of a shift cable; set up for rear engine 996gt2 transaxle. I gave ControlCable the correct length (for mid-engine use), the cable-end description, and the unit that they custom made was Spot On. Now working on my accelerater cable for the Tilton pedal set.
marty914.jpg
HansJan
Do NOT buy the Terry cable.
I did.... But the part that runs through the tunnel comes without outer sleeve.

I can feel it rubbing against other stuff in the tunnel, so its not going to last very long.

Ordered a replacement cable from 914 Rubber. They did make custom length for me (added length to reach the carb- X-bar).

Good luck
PatrickB
Just pulled mine out and don't see any issues. What could have happened inside the tunnel ? it worked fine for a couple of years and then started binding up. The plastic sleeve over the cable does have a little cut on it in one spot but feels like it's working fine. Going to order a new custom length cable maybe from 914 rubber but I think the probem is elsewhere.
PatrickB
QUOTE(PatrickB @ Sep 6 2021, 05:44 PM) *

Just pulled mine out and don't see any issues. What could have happened inside the tunnel ? it worked fine for a couple of years and then started binding up. The plastic sleeve over the cable does have a little cut on it in one spot but feels like it's working fine. Going to order a new custom length cable maybe from 914 rubber but I think the probem is elsewhere.

Tried sending email to 914 rubber from their website a few days ago.... no answer. Anyone got a good email address for them?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.