Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking to fabricate a -4 run stand
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Driver174
Needing to disassemble, inspect and reassemble race engine soon. We had irritating oil leaks the last time we assembled this engine, and had to remove engine to correct issues. I think a run stand is in order this time.

Show me your ideas.

Jim
Montreal914
Google search, image: "Porsche 914 engine test stand" smile.gif

There is more but here are two...

With the cross bar and the gearbox, which will allow you to start it, it seems pretty straight forward. Good luck with your project! driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Nacho
I just recently made a simple stand that connects to the front engine mounts. I plan to make a remote control panel with gauges & switches. The nice thing is it's not crazy big and it allows for the exhaust to stay on.

Hope this helps

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
If you are doing carbs its really easy. Just support the engine bar with jackstands and but a wood block under the transmission. Run 4 circuits. One for fuel, one for ignition, one for the starter (separate from ignition so you can run the starter without starting the motor) and one for a tach.

For EFI its much more complicated and I personally feel its best done in the car.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.