Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to tell if Inner Longitude Stiffening Kit fitted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
arbitrary
I have been told that my new-to-me 914-6 conversion has the inner longs stiffening kit fitted. Is there an easy way to tell? Any dead giveaways? I have no reason to think I have been mislead but would like to confirm the work has been done.
rfinegan
Check under the carpet by the parking lever. This area has stitch welded seams and not formed well for the relief . You will see signs of the added stiffener here compared to the well formed stock indentation. OR look in the corners of the fire wall where the 3 pieces box in the stiffeners. You will see the joints there too
76-914
Start here. There are about 20 pics from post 17 on.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1801381
rfinegan
Also the seat belt anchor bolt hole will show the overlay around the treads for the seat belt bolt
r_towle
Remove carpet and back pad
Take pictures of inner longs and rear lower section of the back wall
Post here, we will tell you
seanpaulmc
This ad has a very good picture of it before installation. Will give you a good idea of what you are looking for.

Long stiffing kit

VaccaRabite
If you pull your carpet up and find a million rosette welds on your inner longs then you have the kit.

Zach
Tdskip
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Aug 25 2021, 11:07 AM) *

If you pull your carpet up and find a million rosette welds on your inner longs then you have the kit.

Zach

Bingo!

(All good tips from the crew here but there are about 472,483 spot welds on the kit, +/- of course)
barefoot
This one needs it !!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.