Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race Car License Plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
I've got the van all loaded. Heading down to Tucson for a license plate collector convention. I wish I was going somewhere cooler instead of hotter. happy11.gif Oh well.

I wonder how much SPAM is going to be in my e-mail box when I get back to Vegas in a week? w00t.gif ar15.gif
Here is the display of Rally Plates that I am bringing. smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
thats pretty neat. how much do you have invested?
Lawrence
Do you ever see Carrera Panam plates available?
seanery
Got anything with Porsche history?

like an 'ol Mille Miglia or anything from sports car racing's heydays of the 50's & 60's?
VegasRacer
acox914 - Don't ask. Finding them is the hard part. Forking over the cash is easy.

Lawrence - A La Carrera Pan America plate is on the top of my want list.

seanery - One of the very few replica plates I have is the #4 Liege Rome Liege. It was used on a famous 356.

I have been able to find out the history on only a few of the plates. If you have a photo of the plate on a race car or can prove that it was an important car that did well in an event the value goes sky high.

The most valuable one up there is the 1959 Rallye Monte-Carlo. It was used on a Sunbeam Rapier driven by a woman named Lola Grounds. She finished 5th. The class was won by a car driven by the sister of Stirling Moss.
Lawrence
Are there real CPA plates out there, or just repros?

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.