Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Electric question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mcericmc
Why do my parking lights come on when I depress the turn signal lever with the ignition switch off? I've traced the wiring and everything looks normal. I replaced the ignition switch and that didn't fix it. What am I missing here? The grey wire in the steering column has 12 volts on it unless I unplug the connector to the ignition switch.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mcericmc @ Aug 24 2021, 08:56 AM) *

Why do my parking lights come on when I depress the turn signal lever with the ignition switch off? I've traced the wiring and everything looks normal. I replaced the ignition switch and that didn't fix it. What am I missing here? The grey wire in the steering column has 12 volts on it unless I unplug the connector to the ignition switch.

It's a feature, not a bug.

Do a search here, this has been discussed many times before.

In short, all European cars of the time had that feature to allow you to leave the parking lights on when parked on the side of a dark road at night.
Turn the lever to whatever side of the car is facing the road to illuminate the parking lights on that side.
bye1.gif

PS: welcome.png
mcericmc
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 24 2021, 11:02 AM) *

QUOTE(mcericmc @ Aug 24 2021, 08:56 AM) *

It's a feature, not a bug.

Do a search here, this has been discussed many times before.

In short, all European cars of the time had that feature to allow you to leave the parking lights on when parked on the side of a dark road at night.
Turn the lever to whatever side of the car is facing the road to illuminate the parking lights on that side.
bye1.gif

PS: welcome.png

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.