Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chasing D-Jet stability
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
headbang.gif
Well consider this one of my 12 steps biggrin.gif
I havent driven "my own car" in a year. sad.gif

Not because I had no desire but Id been so busy with customer cars & I tend to ride the MC ALOT, & It had been giving me fits chasing running & driveability, I just parked it.
Sound familiar? Its how Ive ended up with a # of cars from 3rd parties over the years.
Never fear I was never going to abandon this one, & finally another customer of mine guilted me into getting off my ass & bringing the car out to a show over this last WE.
So of course the night before the show I pull back the cover & give it a go.
Dead battery.
Run to the local flaps, get a replacement, car starts right up but again the idle issues re-emerge straight away.
This time I said screw it & started tearing into it. Near about 10:30 PM I call it as I find one problem Im not gonna fix by the morn. dry.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Took a smoke machine to figure it out rolleyes.gif
Ive got to braze this up then I hope to make the next show.
BeatNavy
The ol' cracked plenum. Good find!

Look on the bright side, Rich. You knocked out one of the really pesky vacuum leaks right off the bat!

Maybe this guy has one you can buy. He's got a great reputation smile.gif

https://914werke.com/
ChrisFoley
biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 24 2021, 03:40 PM) *

I havent driven "my own car" in a year. sad.gif

My own car was so rarely driven and under-maintained I had to sell it to someone else who would take better care of it.
914werke
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 24 2021, 01:58 PM) *
The ol' cracked plenum. Good find! Look on the bright side, Rich. You knocked out one of the really pesky vacuum leaks right off the bat!
Maybe this guy has one you can buy. He's got a great reputation smile.gif
https://914werke.com/

biggrin.gif Ya ya'd think Id have 3 but of the 2 I did have on hand both were late. hissyfit.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.