Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RE Torque Cylider heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfinegan
What is the consensus of re torquing the Cylider heads after break in or 100-500miles?

Some say do it. Some say not needed

I have about 30 mins run time on engine and about to install it in car...Now or never
barefoot
QUOTE(rfinegan @ Aug 25 2021, 12:55 PM) *

What is the consensus of re torquing the Cylider heads after break in or 100-500miles?

Some say do it. Some say not needed

I have about 30 mins run time on engine and about to install it in car...Now or never

I did mine, but no change, I did find some of the exhaust manifold nuts needed further tightening, & I re-checked the valve clearances (of course had to remove rocker arms to get to some head studs)
VaccaRabite
Once the engine is in the car they are not easy to get to to retorque. If you did it right the first time you will be fine now.

Zach

krazykonrad
Do it. It think that was one of the issues with my engine. the PO replaced the engine but didn't re-torque the heads.

If nothing else, it's good insurance.
michael7810
I work for a shop that rebuilds a lot of 4 cyl air cooled engines and we retorque the heads, oil change and adjust valves at 500 miles
930cabman
I do not have solid information, but in the Alfa world the factory is very specific with regards to a head re torque after 1,000 miles. Water cool vs air cooled is a big difference.

It is probably cheap insurance to do it now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.