A 1.8 liter.

Wow
rjames
Dang! blink.gif
raynekat
Had some interesting touches.....

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Even...OM-TARGA-245446
PlaysWithCars
Hmmmm.... At some point does this start to negatively impact the brand / model? Nice looking car from the auction pics (but we all know there are more places to look than just the shiny parts). Will the performance of this car hold up to the image it portrays? Or, will the owner be disappointed / disillusioned because he heard stories about the GT performance and go kart like handling that this car looks like it should deliver but doesn't. Does the market know enough to assign the disappointment to this particular car, or does the storyline start to develop that the 914 is past its prime and no longer delivers the driving experience it used to compared to modern cars?

Of course, I'm assuming that this car is more show than go and perhaps that's unfair. Maybe the 1.8 was tuned up enough to make it peppy to drive, and maybe it has some suspension touches to go with the wide fenders and tires and it can really deliver the goods. I just worry about the 914 image if people are paying this kind of money and it can't live up to the image it presented itself to be.
rjames
QUOTE(PlaysWithCars @ Aug 26 2021, 08:30 PM) *

Hmmmm.... At some point does this start to negatively impact the brand / model? ... I just worry about the 914 image if people are paying this kind of money and it can't live up to the image it presented itself to be.

I would hope that someone would do their homework before paying $80k for a car.
And the ‘914 image’ wasn’t great to begin with. rolleyes.gif
racerbvd
$85K with cookie cutters
FlacaProductions
looks like it was originally this: https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles/1766/1974-porsche-914
and then this:
https://www.throddal.com/details/1974/porsc...ahut8db6u4.html
Status: Featured at Barrett Jackson [2020 Fall Auction Scottsdale 2020] and Sold for $20,900 on 10-22-2020.

rhodyguy
400% in less than a year? Sheep get fleeced. Or slaughtered for dog food.
930cabman
How does that go, .... lipstick on ...

dr914@autoatlanta.com
It was the steering wheel that did it

QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 26 2021, 07:04 PM) *

Ok, nice restoration
Nice everything
A 1.8 liter.

Wow

windforfun
Hey... It's whatever floats your boat. One needs to see the car in the flesh. I need to start locking my garage doors.
73-914
Too much liquor flowing at Auction LOL
r_towle
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 27 2021, 11:57 AM) *

It was the steering wheel that did it

QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 26 2021, 07:04 PM) *

Ok, nice restoration
Nice everything
A 1.8 liter.

Wow

Ok, nice wheel.
Not 40k nice…

r_towle
Making me look a lot differently at the barn stash.
bkrantz
QUOTE(windforfun @ Aug 27 2021, 12:35 PM) *

Hey... It's whatever floats your boat. One needs to see the car in the flesh. I need to start locking my garage doors.

And adjusting my insured value.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.