Full Version: Did your girlfriend …..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
….Complain about the stick location? biggrin.gif
NARP74
Works for me
mihai914
Not my girlfriend...

20 years ago, I went with a good buddy to pickup his girlfriend at the bus station.

Needles to say, she had to sit in the middle while I was driving.

You coud tell from her face that she did not enjoy the ride.

A couple of years later, a similar situation happened going to a party. Yet again, the girlfriend had to sit in in the middle. She enjoyed it though...

Some prefer driving-girl.gif some don't.
fixer34
Looks like they are parking, so easy enough to move the shifter into reverse and out of the way.

Many years ago, I had a couple 'friends that were girls'; never dated either one. But they used to ride with me in the 914 on occasion. One of them was on the 'larger side' shall we say, so she got the passenger seat. The other one got the middle cushion and angled her legs into the passenger section. Was still a little interesting when dropping it into 5th...
VegasRacer
Give a whole new meaning to 'Money Shift'. w00t.gif happy11.gif
914Sixer
Somehow my hand would slip off shifter and end up in the right place happy11.gif shades.gif
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 28 2021, 06:15 AM) *

You mean the dog leg? Born that way
iankarr
the 901 being a slush box just took on new meaning...
colingreene
Y'all need Jesus.
oldie914
Long ago, I think it was 1972; I drove through Paris with my buddy and our two girlfriends packed into my 914/6. Those were the days.
mepstein
QUOTE(oldie914 @ Aug 29 2021, 02:34 PM) *

Long ago, I think it was 1972; I drove through Paris with my buddy and our two girlfriends packed into my 914/6. Those were the days.

Yes, my 914 fit 4 people when I was in high school. Everyone was a lot thinner back then.
windforfun
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 28 2021, 11:10 AM) *

Somehow my hand would slip off shifter and end up in the right place happy11.gif shades.gif

Perfect. You're bad. How dirty minds think a like.

shades.gif
Quinn Moore
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 28 2021, 09:15 AM) *

Worked out ok, up and down South Padre Island in my 1972 Zambini Green (in 1982). She sat in the middle. "She" became my wife. 37 yrs later....got another one, 2 mo. Ago. No questions asked. Life is good...... my old man lent me the $1500.00 to buy the first one.
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(oldie914 @ Aug 29 2021, 10:34 AM) *

smiley_notworthy.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Quinn Moore @ Aug 29 2021, 04:51 PM) *

Worked out ok, up and down South Padre Island in my 1972 Zambini Green (in 1982). She sat in the middle. "She" became my wife. 37 yrs later....got another one, 2 mo. Ago. No questions asked. Life is good...... my old man lent me the $1500.00 to buy the first one.

Got another one?……..wife or 914?
willieg
Did your girlfriend have the strength to push an MGA fast enough to bump start? Always a determinant to the success of a relationship.
sixnotfour
Well my GF liked how the 70 seats could be Laid flat,, She was shorter ..1978
Maltese Falcon
Cyndi said...when the working day is done, girls just wanna have FuN driving-girl.gif
wonkipop
down here i got one over all of you guys..
the gear shift is right next to the passenger seat.
and when i put it into first at the lights----------

i don't have to get it into 5th.
StarBear
Yep. BTDT. biggrin.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(willieg @ Aug 29 2021, 06:55 PM) *

Did your girlfriend have the strength to push an MGA fast enough to bump start? Always a determinant to the success of a relationship.

+1, was the MGA push test a qualifier for engagement?
wonkipop
QUOTE(StarBear @ Aug 30 2021, 06:29 AM) *

Yep. BTDT. biggrin.gif

pardon me for having to share that.
but ............
Quinn Moore
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 29 2021, 07:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Quinn Moore @ Aug 29 2021, 04:51 PM) *

Got another one?……..wife or 914?

Ha,ha...(914).

QM
Steve73
Like my wife riding in my beetle. (no running 914.....yet)
Mark Henry
QUOTE(willieg @ Aug 29 2021, 08:55 PM) *

HA!

My wife could push a fully loaded Westfalia with a trailer and a VW beetle on it. No BS, she did it at every gas station for 1500 miles home...of course I was very selective of the gas stations, parked on a hill, etc. You didn't have to get it rolling very fast, especially when hot.

IIRC that bus was the first time I installed a hot start fix.

I don't have that bus anymore, but I still have the wife.
PatrickB
QUOTE(Quinn Moore @ Aug 29 2021, 07:51 PM) *

Another wife???? j/k
ssuperflyoldguy
https://youtu.be/2-GqZIR0HUw

apologies if you've already seen this - please then refer to Vanishing Point & Kowalski
TonyA
Nice but I thought there would be a girl in there somewhere
PanelBilly
That’s what I was waiting for
Montreal914
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Aug 31 2021, 04:04 PM) *

https://youtu.be/2-GqZIR0HUw

apologies if you've already seen this - please then refer to Vanishing Point & Kowalski

Yes, a French classic! popcorn[1].gif

As mentioned in the beginning of the footage, this was filmed without any special effects or speed changes to it. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.