Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aircooled Vintage Swap (9/18) Round Top - PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaredmcginness
Hey all,

No affiliation, but I am looking forward to this swap meet. Sept 18 @ Ski Round Top in PA.

I've been for a few years and it is a nice little swap meet.

Might be worth while to post up some *needs* incase anyone here has something they can bring.

(Example: I am looking for any early 911 sheet metal beerchug.gif )

Hope to see some fellas there!
jaredmcginness
IPB Image

Sorry this is so huge. Here is the flyer.
nditiz1
I plan on going.

If I can keep the candle burning at both ends and no issues with the efi, I might be able to drive the teener there.
potomacmidget
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Sep 1 2021, 03:44 PM) *

I plan on going.

If I can keep the candle burning at both ends and no issues with the efi, I might be able to drive the teener there.

Me too. I’m in Gaithersburg
emerygt350
3 hours for me... Very tempted to take it on a little road trip.
Unobtanium-inc
This is my favorite swap, no ebay pricing, guys bring stuff because they want it gone. And you never know what will pop up there.

See everyone there.
930cabman
5 1/2 hours for me, it would be fun to bring the 914, but the F150 will probably win out. An empty pickup will hold alot of stuff
TomE
The wife and I are going so is mate914 my son. Had a great time last year and got to see some beautiful cars. Got some great deals on parts too. As nice a bunch of people to talk to as the ECR was.
TomE
QUOTE(TomE @ Sep 2 2021, 06:15 AM) *

The wife and I are going so is mate914 my son. Had a great time last year and got to see some beautiful cars. Got some great deals on parts too. As nice a bunch of people to talk to as the ECR was.
Oh and I could use a good heater/fan control dash unit for an 81SC. Again not ebay pricing for one that is broken. Also need a rear window for a 64C. I will figure out which side I need. Someone sold me two of the same side last year?
mate914
I'm In.
Driving the 914 down if I ever get the engine back in. I sure would have more room with the truck.
I could use a 64C front battery tray box.
Cheap metal flairs for a 914. (used, rusty)
New rubber brake lines for 1970 914-6.
914-6 muffler after market is fine.
4 5lug wheels for rolling around 64C (junk wheels wanted)

Thanks happy driving driving-girl.gif
Matt
MDTerp
I’m planning on driving my 914 up. This is my first time going. Is there separate parking for air cooled cars?

Also, I need a shifter boot for my 914.
jvmarino
QUOTE(MDTerp @ Sep 2 2021, 10:10 PM) *

I’m planning on driving my 914 up. This is my first time going. Is there separate parking for air cooled cars?

If you are talking about the rubber shift boot, I live right up the road from Towson and have an unused one you can have.
MDTerp
QUOTE(jvmarino @ Sep 3 2021, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE(MDTerp @ Sep 2 2021, 10:10 PM) *

If you are talking about the rubber shift boot, I live right up the road from Towson and have an unused one you can have.

Yes the rubber boot for the shifter. I’ll pm you.
Unobtanium-inc
How you know it's almost time for a swap? Finishing off my latest batch of little cars. Swing by the Unobtanium booth for a free little car of your choice. We will be at our usual spot against the fence, with the ski slope behind us.

See everyone there!
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
emerygt350
Damn, my band has a gig up at a brewery in the finger lakes that night. I really wanted to go. What a great excuse to drive the car and highways 15/14 through PA down to Harrisburg is some really wonderful views and driving.
jaredmcginness
Last call, hope to see some guys there.
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
nditiz1
Anyone got a 914-6 breather hose for the engine to oil tank? I'm in need of one and can meet up at the swap meet.
rgalla9146

I'm in, my brother Rob too. See you all there.
Rory
rmital
...any pics from this event/swap/get-together?
wonder how well attended and the amount of vendors.
maybe we pile on this event next year?
mepstein
QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 20 2021, 01:17 PM) *

...any pics from this event/swap/get-together?
wonder how well attended and the amount of vendors.
maybe we pile on this event next year?

It was a nice day and fun time but pretty low vendor turnout. Maybe around 15 vendors. I had to deliver a bunch of stuff to pre paid buyers and pick up a race car on my way home so it was a good day for me. I'm not sure why the small turnout but maybe we could combine it with a 914 rally next year.
mepstein
Here’s the race car I bought. First car I’ve ever brought home that wasn’t rusty.

TomE
I got an SC whale tail I have been looking for for about 20 years. My car came with one but the pervious owner sold it before I bought the car. Took it home in my SC too.
nditiz1
It was good seeing @mepstein

Last year's turn out was a lot better. Maybe it wasn't advertised enough. How was the raffle? Was there a raffle?
mepstein
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Sep 20 2021, 08:54 PM) *

It was good seeing @mepstein

Last year's turn out was a lot better. Maybe it wasn't advertised enough. How was the raffle? Was there a raffle?

Not that I know of but I left at ~11. Maybe they need to include an informal car show and some other fun things to widen the appeal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.