Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat in cabin for driver side defrost
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I have good heat into the cabin; when the dash control is set to floor. But, when the control is set to defrost, I get little or no flow on drivers side. A fair amount gets to the passenger side.
I’m lookin for advice on how to reset the cable/valve connection first.
My second thought is something fell into the defrost vent - like a parking stub ? Can the valve be removed and opened up without removing the fuel tank ?
A couple of picture attached for a view ( not my car ) but might help
mepstein
Can you remove the paper tube in the footwell from the diverter and enter it from below?
Just enough to stick a vacuum hose up into it.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 3 2021, 05:15 AM) *

Can you remove the paper tube in the footwell from the diverter and enter it from below?
Just enough to stick a vacuum hose up into it.

I tried that and set the Vac to blow; footwell vent is fine, defrost vent weak.
76-914
Jim, I took mine apart when I added AC and found a pencil in it. I'd previously wondered why the slide control would only move 1/2 way across. That entire piece and the 90 can be removed with the tank in place. IIRC - its been 5 years - I needed to remove the vent louver in order to remove the 90. Can't remember why now. But yes, the vent 90 and the junction box on the left side comes apart with tank in place. beerchug.gif
EDIT: Just remembered that there are 2 nuts you need to remove behind the louver in order to remove that assembly. And I believe there are 2 more you access from below.
jim_hoyland
I see the nuts under the dash. The red slider does move all the way over to the right; it might not be moving the valve enough ?
Dam hard to see what the range of motion is from outside the valve
jim_hoyland
The closed position - Defrost position
barefoot
This may help chasing cable connections:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(barefoot @ Sep 3 2021, 11:16 AM) *

This may help chasing cable connections:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanks ! I double checked, cables are right.
Root_Werks
Good thread I'll bookmark for later. My tank is out for painting along with most of this stuff. Oddly, never taken all this out before. It'll be interesting putting it all back together.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Sep 3 2021, 11:47 AM) *

Good thread I'll bookmark for later. My tank is out for painting along with most of this stuff. Oddly, never taken all this out before. It'll be interesting putting it all back together.

I would mock it all up on the bench and see how it works. Then you can “preset” the three cables connections.
And, the nuts on the valves that hold the cables are 7mm.

Root_Werks
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 3 2021, 11:58 AM) *

Perfect, thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.