Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SC Strut tower brace
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
Sorry not 914 related.
Going to be installing a strut tower brace on my SC, 4 bolt type. This bar requires removing and reinstalling 2 of the 3 bolts for the adjustment plates on each side.
Question: If I chuck the wheels front and back both sides, would you guys think an alignment would be required after installation? Trying to do the job without an alignment.
Just had the car aligned and corner balanced last Fall.
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Sep 5 2021, 09:01 AM) *

Sorry not 914 related.
Going to be installing a strut tower brace on my SC, 4 bolt type. This bar requires removing and reinstalling 2 of the 3 bolts for the adjustment plates on each side.
Question: If I chuck the wheels front and back both sides, would you guys think an alignment would be required after installation? Trying to do the job without an alignment.

If it’s a weltmeister type bar, I would pass and get another type unless it’s been modified. You should be able to keep shock bolt from moving if you can do one bolt at a time. Mine seem to take a good whack with a rubber mallet before moving. You’ll know if it moves more than you’re comfortable with.
SirAndy
Use a thin marker and mark each plate in 3 places with a line before you start.

That way you can make sure everything is where it needs to be without having to realign the car.
shades.gif

sixnotfour
911 should have poop, all around Plates... alignmenet hopefully No caster or camber ,, adjustment..so poop still in place.. Picture is worth a thousand words.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Sep 5 2021, 11:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Sep 5 2021, 09:01 AM) *

Sorry not 914 related.

If it’s a weltmeister type bar, I would pass and get another type unless it’s been modified. You should be able to keep shock bolt from moving if you can do one bolt at a time. Mine seem to take a good whack with a rubber mallet before moving. You’ll know if it moves more than you’re comfortable with.

Bar is a Rennline
Freezin 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 5 2021, 04:12 PM) *

911 should have poop, all around Plates... alignmenet hopefully No caster or camber ,, adjustment..so poop still in place.. Picture is worth a thousand words.

This is the top of strut tower.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 5 2021, 02:19 PM) *

Use a thin marker and mark each plate in 3 places with a line before you start.

That way you can make sure everything is where it needs to be without having to realign the car.
shades.gif

Great simple enough idea. Thank you Andy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.